so what do Canadians do with there supply coupon,,,

we are expected to pay 3 times the price for supplies, and yet on the .com side it won't allow shipping to Canada..we have been promised they will fix it, but my coupon will expire in less than a week, so what is the fix.. will we be able to carry forward our non working(useless) coupon, guaranteed not,,,they will eventually fix it, but we will have all lost out on our 35$ coupon, that we were promised.. Rapheal or whoever needs to address this in the next talk session , can someone please bring it up, and demand an answer, as i work weekdays and can't be online.. thanks in advance..

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Well. I received the $70 coupon and bought $62 worth of bubble mailers (100), free shipping.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I ordered some (very over priced) bubble envelopes. The only good news is they arrived by Fed Ex (whom I'm not a big fan of) with no duties, taxes or brokerage fees due. Next time around I'll order some boxes that I don't need, and see if one of the sellers on this forum wants to pay the postage to receive them from me free. No way I am going to let this coupon go unclaimed. 

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

I have tried using my coupon, but I keep getting a message that they do not mail to my address, so how can I use this useless coupon?

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

exactly the coupon is no good for the cheaper supplies, on .com just the over priced ones one .ca, if someone else knows better please inform us, thanks
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Triber, is your shipping address to a PO box? If the items are being shipped by a courier they don't ship to PO boxes. Also, a lot of US sellers won't ship to a PO box, can't remember why not.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Domestically, ebay Shipping Supplies uses a courier, so they may have the block P.O. boxes set up regardless of the fact they are buying from Canada and the items will be shipped here now using USPS. Smart thinking. 

And, yes, Canadian sellers can only use their Canadian coupons with the CAD listings. That's the reason our CAD coupons are for a different dollar amount than the USD ones. It's the so-called free shipping which causes much of the disparity. As we all know, international shipping to Canada costs more for bulky items than within-USA shipping for our American counterparts.

We will be the poor cousins at this coupon banquet until such time that ebay Canada has its own stockpile of shipping supplies located within Canada. 

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

interesting had a coupon for 35 dollars but it has dissapeared now, never recieved a code to use it that was an awesome deal like they say you get nothing for nothing even if you pay lol amazing

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

I'm going to frame mine!

Unless somebody want to give me 10 bucks for a $35 coupon.......

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 34
latest reply

No, I don't have a P.O. Box vintagenorth.

I didn't receive an actual coupon, just a code. When I try to click the link to purchase eBay shipping supplies it says it does not ship to Canada.

I hate to waste the offer, the fees have increased, so at least I would like some shipping supplies.

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

It sounds like you are having the same glitch I had.

Some sellers received a coupon which appears on their .com account.

That won't work for us because it's only valid for shipping within the US.

I was sent a second coupon which appeared only on .ca only.

Although there was no notification that it was there,  when I went to the bottom of my .ca summary page I found it there (thank you Elmwood).

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

@recped wrote:

I'm going to frame mine!

Unless somebody want to give me 10 bucks for a $35 coupon.......

I thought about passing my .com coupon to an American friend but the first thing noted on the information about the coupon is that it's not transferable.  

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I actually got two coupons (I'm a legacy user).

Some other wise soul, unfortunately I don't remember who, on these boards advised that one has to sign onto myEbay etc on the .CA site. That way you get the "Canadian Site" coupon  you can use in the Canadian store.

The US$ coupon on the .COM site will never be good for anything.....

(I was actually surprised, when I logged onto the .CA site, all the Canadian only coupons I thought I was left out of, were there! Until these coupons, the only time I'm ever signed onto the .CA site is when I'm in these boards!)

Anyway, try logging onto things through .CA and you should see the Canadian version of the coupon to use on the Canadian store - both have to be .CA for it to work.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I actually got two coupons (I'm a legacy user).

Some other wise soul, unfortunately I don't remember who, on these boards advised that one has to sign onto myEbay etc on the .CA site. That way you get the "Canadian Site" coupon  you can use in the Canadian store.

The US$ coupon on the .COM site will never be good for anything.....

(I was actually surprised, when I logged onto the .CA site, all the Canadian only coupons I thought I was left out of, were there! Until these coupons, the only time I'm ever signed onto the .CA site is when I'm in these boards!)

Anyway, try logging onto things through .CA and you should see the Canadian version of the coupon to use on the Canadian store - both have to be .CA for it to work.

That was me, but, wise? I have been called a lot of things.

You cannot access the cs coupon from com. I accessed from ca, got my $70 coupon, ordered 100 bubble mailers for $62, free shipping. They showed up lickety-split and I have already started using them. They are a perfect size for me. They are light weight poly which will help keep me under the 250 gram limit.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Thank you, I found it. Who would think of looking there for it, it's like eBay's best kept secret!

I have been waiting for it, now it expires in a few days.

So, something else I don't understand.

My coupon was for $70C, so I purchased polyjacket envelopes for $68.08C, and then found that my coupon was only worth $63.32C, and I had to pay the extra $2.76. Not a lot to pay, but surely if my coupon was for $70, I should not have had to pay any extra.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

"my coupon was only worth $63.32C"

Maybe eBay gives you a "senior discount" on your coupon! Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

i did not receive a coupon 😞

nothing in my "Promotional Offers" section 😞

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

You have to have a store, I believe.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 34
latest reply

No Pierre, I gave THEM a senior discount. They told me my coupon was worth $70.

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

That sounds like a weird technical error. Seventy dollars is $70. 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply