switching listing format

I am switching my listings to CAN currency,but some of my listings are still in the format that I used as a new seller not sure of what to call this format,but once I started listing more and opened a store I switched my listings from then on to another format,the newer listings I have no problem editing to Can funds but the old ones I can't seem to change --anyone have any idea how to switch these to can funds or to the format that I can edit

just to rant this is another problem with ebay the layers of confusion are unbelievable why do they have more the one listing format what is a seller to do when they open a store delete these listings and start again

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: switching listing format

"why do they have more the one listing format"

The idea if to offer what buyers want.

In the last twelve years, there has been a shift away from auction listings towards fixed price listings.

So eBay offers you a choice to sell:

1) auction format

2) auction format plus "Buy-it- Now" option

3) fixed price - this is by far the most popular format with both buyers and sellers and represents more than 85% of all listings on eBay.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Are you talking about auction and fixed price listing formats as Pierre mentioned?

Or are you talking about the listing tool which comes in the Quick Listing tool tool for beginners or the advanced tool called the Sell Your Item?

Or are you talking about how to relist the item? If you use the Relist option, then you may have restrictions on changing things. If you use Sell Similar to relist an item, you can change almost anything.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

yes the listing tool,i did not know the proper name for this I will try the sell similar,see if that works thanks

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

tried the sell similar option for these listings,still see no option for changing listing currency,and I can't pick a store category for the item.since I opened a store I can never check off these listings along with newer listings and relist in bulk because they are using different listing tools.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The Quick lister can only list in CAD for a long time now. Ever since the first study on CAD out a year + ago. As I recall from posts here and on eBay.com, if you use the Quick Lister tool, you can only edit with the Quick Lister tool and maybe that extends to Sell Similar too and changing to the advanced Sell Your Item tool.

Please give the listing number of a couple of the listings you are having trouble with. Not that we can help much from viewing them but perhaps there is something about them that is different.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

items are not listed right now,121871753908 and 121942589685 are two of the numbers can you still see them in completed items

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

If you think the listing tool is the problem and the item has ended, click on sell similar and then on the top right you should see 'switch to advanced listing tool' or wording similar to that.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ok found it,on the top right''switch listing category..''no mention of listing tool,then the next screen has change listing tool top right,then for some reason it puts the listing in the unfinished-finish later section.you have to reopen it again and continue with the changes --currency,store category etc,thanks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply