was thinking about changing my seller name

i was thinking about changing my seller name on here,just wondering if anyone has done that and if there is any bad points or what.,i have all great feed back and such,but i wanted to change it to something more interesting,i started out over three years ago with like three or four listings ,now i have close to 170 listings in every category,like would i start out all over again as nothing,like back to square one,?just curiouse my seller name was just on the spur of the moment kinda thing,any fb would be appreciated thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I've done it a few times on various accounts as my selling changed.

But I use the same backgrounds on all my accounts.

Changing your name will not change your feedback.

If you have some solid repeat customers, it could be useful to let them know about the namechange so they won't get flustered.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've changed my name, nothing to it.  Best thing I every did.  As already mentioned if you have a few repeat customers just let them know.  Feedback follows you. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello 'aubreyclay', 

<<i was thinking about changing my seller name . . . to something more interesting >>

Most sellers choose a user ID that in some way reflects what they sell.  A store that specializes in hosiery will likely have the word "socks" in the user ID, for example.  

A good user ID will be easy for your buyers to remember.  You can let the repeat customers know of the change.  Have you seen this link about it (there are other related links on the page, too):

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/change-userid.html

Whatever you decide on, you will be stuck with it for 30 days because you cannot change it more than once a month.  When you change it you do not go back to square one like in a board game, -- everything remains the same and only the user ID changes.  

Whether you feel that is a good or bad thing, . . .  Smiley Happy

I look forward to seeing what you've chosen.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply