was today ciber monday?

if it was, today,  ciberville was criketville .

where are the buyers?

(i'm glad my store is moving along gangbusters)

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

was today ciber monday?

DH said he read a poll on Yahoo and the majority of respondents, when asked if they were going to shop online today, said no.

They sure weren't buying from me.  Something to remember for next year so I don't waste a week listing auctions.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

On the news tonight Cyber Monday and for that matter Black Friday were reported to have been much less of a deal than last year. Some reports had it that these were the worst CM/BF since 2008.

Consumers may be catching on that these sales are not as cost cutting as generally believed.

As sellers of (mostly) collectibles, we have found over 35 years in business, that December is our worst month for sales. We think our clientele has a personal hobby allowance that is used in December for gifts for others and not on our hobby materials.

Our B&M sells a lot of junior collecting kits, gift certificates, and collecting supplies in December. Obvious pattern,eh?

But once Christmas is past, the collector notices he still has money in his hobby wallet and dashes in to spend it.

Every single year. For 35 years.

This may make a trend.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

Work out good for me Sold roughly 150 auctions and about 20 buy now listings..

I looked at sales and they were all right but if anyone ever truly pays attention they will know like So called Black friday or boxing day sales happen all year round they are just called things like ... Clearance Sale ... Biggest sale of the year ... Sale every week of the year ..

I love how strong Media is thank god I never pay attention...

Last year my brother got a 52inch on boxing day ... I bought for $150 less then him 4 weeks later in january at the same store...

He hit the Boxing Day sale .. I hit the Year end clearance .. LOL

Sale are sales and they are tehre all the time the only difference is companies push sales through media to convince all the nieve people in this world that THE SALE WILL ONLY HAPPEN ONCE THIS YEAR ...

Love it

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

My experience yesterday and in December is similar to Femme.....  my favourite season is "blow your income tax refund" season, that is usually my best time of the year....

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

Cyber Monday clicks in with record sales

Cyber Monday rocked while mobile sales rolled.

The day widely regarded as the Super Bowl of online sales ca-chinged its way to a record day for retailers, including Walmart, and marked a shift in shopping preferences as smartphones and tablets drove nearly a third of traffic — and for some retailers, more than half.

The numbers are mind-boggling. As of 6 p.m. Eastern time, overall sales were up 17.5% on Cyber Monday compared with last year, says IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark. Another e-commerce research company, Custora Pulse, found online sales up almost 19%. The numbers may shift even higher as people continue to shop through the evening.

For more information: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/02/cyber-monday-results/3804039/

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

@femmefan1946 wrote:

As sellers of (mostly) collectibles, we have found over 35 years in business, that December is our worst month for sales. We think our clientele has a personal hobby allowance that is used in December for gifts for others and not on our hobby materials.

Our B&M sells a lot of junior collecting kits, gift certificates, and collecting supplies in December. Obvious pattern,eh?

But once Christmas is past, the collector notices he still has money in his hobby wallet and dashes in to spend it.

Every single year. For 35 years.

This may make a trend.

Yes, my experience exactly.

It's been my theory that the reason my sales are best after Christmas is because collectors are spending their Christmas cash.

I think that people realize that with a collector cash is the best gift.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

Bloomberg News

Cyber Monday Sales Soar as Amazon to EBay Win Shoppers

"...eBay’s increased 21 percent, according to ChannelAdvisor Inc...."

For more: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-12-03/cyber-monday-sales-soar-to-record-as-amazon-to-ebay-win-...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

My online sales were so-so. But I had 2 craft/trades show over the weekend and WOW. People had a lot of money to spend 🙂

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

was today ciber monday?

i'm the same way, internet has really dropped

my home store has increased by a sizable margin with discovery of new market area

looks like i will have to re-balance staff resources

internet profits are decreasing every year, the store is increasing every year

cybermonday was an utter failure

Message 10 of 10
latest reply