what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
I have a buyer, who bought something back in December, never contacted me at all til last week, and it was only through paypal as a dispute. He is claiming non-receipt.(No other communication) Since then I have replied twice through paypal dispute, once to explain the situation, the second one stated that he needs to contact me so that I can help him. Very sweet and nice :-x Of course!
His response? Nadda
He has 4 feedbacks, no negs.
My parcel was sent AIR, so there is no tracking info.
My question is, what happens now? How long does the inquiry take? Can he escalate the claim?
Thanks so much in advance for any insight.

Kriky
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
i love small packet air...cheap and fast..but i haven't encountered this dilemna yet..now i'm a little weary..
Kat
Message 21 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

Canada post site says insurance claims are not paid without the particpation of the addressee

In 3 claims made I have never been asked to obtain this. They do send copies of all correspondence to the addressee, but I do not believe that they need 'participation'.

Maybe if you have made a lot of claims things are different.
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
i think this is probably on a case by case basis, and they MAY ask for participation of the addressee, but maybe not..and if they do ask, the addressee has to participate..
Kat
Message 23 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
I am knocking wood here, I have shipped 90% of my U.S. parcels this way, and this is my first problem with small packet AIR. Expedited parcels, I've had a handful of late parcels some more than a month late!
I am refunding the buyer, and just thankful it wasn't a very expensive item.
Thanks again for all your help.
Kristy
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
you know what-if just thinking and worrying about it is stressing you out, i would just go ahead, refund and get it over with too..!
..cost of doing business i guess..get er done and move forward..!
Kat
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

bestshowtime
Community Member
My parcel was sent AIR, so there is no tracking info.
My question is, what happens now? How long does the inquiry take? Can he escalate the claim?

Kriky, don't think that I try to abuse you, but sorry that is real basic question may be good for "newbs and green" not for powersellers board. I know that you know answer before even put this question on forum, but do you know what is really surprise me, it is 20 posts that you received. Must be 0. I'm really on powerseller board or it is just my dreams?
Message 26 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

Kriky,

Your post was entirely appropriate.
Please ignore the couple of Trolls who are trying to take over this board.
Neither have many transactions under their belts but both act like know-it-alls. The amount of misinformation they are spreading is frightening.

Ann
Message 27 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

bestshowtime
Community Member
(Ann
I just very surprise that you still didn't get that "new blood" in powersellers board not spoil. I read many forums and find that you are the worse number ONE. You are don't have respect to people at all. Why? May be because you think that you smart. I have opposite opinion. That is really sad!:-(
Message 28 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

bestshowtime
Community Member
Now, Ann it is last warning for you! Because next that I will do if you not stop, I will open new post were I put all yours NASTY, CRUEL and SADISTIC sentences from all forums!!!
Regards, Vitali.
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
Ann,u-deserv-it, treasure-pot
I really appreciate your responses and help.
Thanks so much and have a great day!

Kriky:-x

I asked the questions here, because I trust and value the opinions here.
Message 30 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

treasure-pot
Community Member
Hi Kriky;

Sorry we couldn't offer a better hope for you. As Ann says, try to ignore the trolls that have been popping up on the board in the last several days. There are a couple of raw newbies who believe they know all the answers. They have also gone out of their way to attack posters for trivial reasons or if they get challenged. Fortunately it is very likely that the will be gone from the Powerseller board within the next couple of months - neither sells any real volume and won't maintain Powerseller status for any legnth of time.

Since you are not that far from us, please accept an invite to attend our little gathering in Cambridge ON this Sunday at 1:00 PM. A number of Powersellers from across southwestern Ontario are getting together to discuss common issues and to determine how we can support each other and increase profitability (we think we can come up with ideas a lot faster than eBay.ca who has now been trying to come up with ideas for several months - still with no actiion).

You can check out the following thread:

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jspa?threadID=600015940&tstart=0&mod=1168885968797

If you think you might like to attend, send a quick email to Al at:

fitzheueninternational@yahoo.ca

and he'll be happy to send you all the details. It should be fun - hope you'll think about making the trip.

Cheers!

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

bestshowtime
Community Member
Two turtles sitting in a swamp for long period of time, forgetting how long their sitting there. Who can't really see or hear anybody. They can not see difference between a eagle and a troll.
But they see a shadow over their head and do not know what it is. They think it's trolls. They are scared that this shadow can take space in their swamp.
Eagles do not need the swamp, they do not share the same space with turtles. They free fly in the sky and live same period of time as the turtles.
Eagles flying over the swamp can see it's small and dirty and they think they can take the two turtles from the swamp to fresh water.
But the turtles think the shadow(eagles) will be gone soon and their happy to be here.

Seller Protection Policy Overview

Seller Protection Policy covers most sellers for up to $5,000.00 USD on any transaction PayPal deems fraudulent. For complete information, go to the Seller Protection Policy.

In order to qualify, the following is required:
Seller has a Verified Business or Premier account.
The seller’s account must be attached to a bank account that is confirmed through PayPal’s Verification process. When you are a Verified seller, not only are you more protected, but you also increase your credibility and appeal with buyers. Verifying your seller account is free and easy to do. Learn more about Verification

Item is shipped to an eligible address.
For your transaction to qualify, you must ship the item to an eligible address. PayPal is continually working to increase the number of eligible buyer addresses. To determine shipping address eligibility, refer to the shipping address area of your Transaction Details page.

Item is a tangible good.
Only physical goods are covered by the Seller Protection Policy. Intangible goods, such as services or items delivered electronically (e.g., software, MP3s, eBooks), are not covered.

Proof of delivery.
To file a claim under the Seller Protection Policy, we’ll need a copy of the shipment record. Always retain proof that the item was delivered to the address on the Transaction Details page. Acceptable proof of delivery varies by country. Please refer to the Seller Protection Policy for details.

Signature receipt for valuable items.
For items with a value of $250.00 USD or more, in addition to proof of delivery, you should provide proof of signature from the recipient. This proves that the item was delivered to the buyer. Many carrier companies offer these proof of delivery services.

Item sent in a timely manner.
To be covered, the item must be shipped within 7 days of receiving payment.

A special note regarding international shipping.
Currently not all countries and regions are covered by the Seller Protection Policy. Please visit the Seller Protection Policy page to learn more.

Further information.
Please review the Seller Protection Policy for complete details.

Additional resources for sellers.
To learn more about Selling Safely, go to:

How We Help Protect Sellers. How PayPal helps keep your transactions safe.
Tips to Sell Securely. How you can ensure that a transaction goes smoothly.
Resolving Issues for Sellers. How to respond to buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks.
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

bestshowtime
Community Member
Now, treasure-pot it is last warning for you! Because next that I will do if you not stop, I will open new post were I put all yours NASTY, CRUEL and SADISTIC sentences from all forums!!!
Regards, Vitali.
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
Hey Bill,
Thanks so much for the invite, taking my son to Monster JAM! on Sunday. Keep me in mind next time you guys get together, sounds great!

Thanks again for the support, B-)
Kriky
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

jakeeangel
Community Member
Bestshowtime can you please cut out the threats? Please.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 35 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

bestshowtime
Community Member
To: jakeeangel
That story told me my grandma when I was 6-7 years old. So I think it will be interesting to recall childhood.:-)
Message 36 of 36
latest reply