Anyone else waiting for the Canada Post Mississauga facility to catch up?

Am I the only one who "lost" a package as it recently entered the Mississauga treatment center of Canada Post?  An item that was received there on May 12th has not been scanned since.  It was a GSP purchase, so there wasn't even a lot to do with it custom wise...

Another item (not bought on eBay) from the US West Coast went through the Richmond center very fast, and then transited to Montreal in just 2 days.  It's scheduled for delivery today, even though I bought it more recently than the other one stuck at Mississauga!

I guess we'll have to be more patient as they figure out how to deal with that backlog of mail...

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canada Post finally issued a more recent statement, so there's nothing else we can do but continue to wait for now.
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/news-release-detail.page?...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Canada Post finally issued a more recent statement, so there's nothing else we can do but continue to wait for now.
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/news-release-detail.page?...
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@fh991586 

Thanks for posting.

That's well worth reading.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I had a GSP purchase a month ago that disappeared off the tracking map as soon as it left Kentucky, it was never scanned into Canada until it magically appeared about a week ago when my local postie scanned it upon delivery here in Alberta.   Some major corners were cut during the delivery process, but it did show up thankfully.    

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Confirmation of Delivery is not tracking.

Although the GSP usually has given a new "transit"* number that starts with UPAxxx xxxx in an email to the buyer, which has been trackable even when the item is passed to Canada Post or another carrier for delivery within Canada.

*See what I did there?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

UPAA tracking number can be followed on this site:
http://parcelsapp.com/en/shops/ebay

It also gives the local tracking # used while en route (USPS, Canada Post).
I never noticed if eBay was providing the same tracking numbers, since I really don't use GSP that much (only for unique items that I can't get otherwise)...
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

FWIW, I found visiting canadapost**ckery.com (with a fu where the asterisk s are) to be somewhat therapeutic. Lol

Turned up today on a Google search I launched after a Expedited Parcel that was due a week ago, had once again made a loop for the fourth time into the "Mississauga  Black Hole". All last week, it was "out for delivery" at its destination, in Alberta. Now tracking only says " Expected delivery: Date pending". They won't even guess. The Item is now 70 Km away from where it was posted weeks ago.

It only took 40 minutes to get through to them the first time, then they dropped my call after I gave them the tracking number. 27 minutes the second time. Then, Customer Circus kept emphasizing there are no more delivery guarantees, and I just needed to be patient. No explanation as to when, or what was happening.

The Customer made sure somebody was home at his address all last week, as delivery was "pending". I'm going to end up paying for the return postage.

But Canada Post cares about Small Business in Canada. lol

As the website says, "know you are not alone, and it is not your fault".

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This (Toronto to Quebec City) package only sat in the Mississauga plant for 2 weeks. 

Jun 2, 2020 4:03 PM Delivered MONTREAL, QC

2:16 PM Item out for delivery MONTREAL, QC

Jun 1, 2020 1:59 AM Item processed MONTREAL, QC

May 26, 2020 1:19 AM Item in transit MISSISSAUGA, ON

May 25, 2020 10:38 PM Item processed MISSISSAUGA, ON

May 14, 2020 1:04 AM Shipment received at originating postal facility MISSISSAUGA, ON

12:20 AM Electronic information submitted by shipper

May 13, 2020 10:21 PM Shipment picked up by Canada Post MISSISSAUGA, ON

4:31 PM In transitTracking 1027335529231203

4:19 PM Departed from Chit Chats facility PICKERING, ON

May 12, 2020 7:07 PM Arrived at Chit Chats facility PICKERING, ON

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Yours is super verbose. Here is another fresh one. They have redacted it.

Note lack of date and time. Nothing about how long it sat in Mississauga, or that it was there multiple times.  Nothing at all for a week, then an hour ago, this.

Not even a trace of the notice of delivery standard.

Just "Delivery times are not guaranteed and may change."

Expected delivery: Today, 8 am to 12 pm

Shipping service: Expedited Parcels

Features and options: Do Not Safe Drop.

Delivery progress

Information updated: June 4

Date Time Progress June 4 5:02 am
Item processed
Edmonton, AB

June 1 6:58 am
Item in transit
Mississauga, ON
Additional information

The item is travelling to its destination. It will remain in this state until it arrives at the final processing location. Typically, the final processing scan occurs on the expected delivery date or the day before at the local delivery facility. Check this date to know when we will attempt delivery.

4:42 am
Item processed
Mississauga, ON

May 25 5:02 pm
Shipment picked up by Canada Post
Oshawa, ON

Interesting. On the CP tracking page, the arrival time and date for Mississauga were absent. Only when the editor stripped the html that I pasted here, was the date visible. Still no time.

Edit: The one I originally described said the same thing.

Expected delivery: Today, 8 am to 12 pm

For an entire week, before it reappeared in Mississauga. Not holding my breath with this one. Usually, there will be something about being out for final delivery. Not even one email notification either, which I signed up for.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Screenshot_2020-06-04 Canada Post - Track a package by tracking number.pngWhat is this supposed to mean?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yup, I have a $600 dollar package that has been stuck in Mississauga since April 3.  I have emailed, phone.  Canda posts couldn't care less.  They say contact the sender. So, their inability to process mail becomes a time consuming issue for the buyer.  Good luck getting your package.  I suspect with my package, there is a Canada Post employee coming to work in a new wardrobe.  Must be nice to have someone else pay for your cloths. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@nicgani-simqha5s wrote:

Yup, I have a $600 dollar package that has been stuck in Mississauga since April 3.  I have emailed, phone.  Canda posts couldn't care less.  They say contact the sender. So, their inability to process mail becomes a time consuming issue for the buyer.  Good luck getting your package.  I suspect with my package, there is a Canada Post employee coming to work in a new wardrobe.  Must be nice to have someone else pay for your cloths. 

A recent story in the Calgary news:

https://www.660citynews.com/2021/05/19/woman-facing-over-100-charges-in-relation-to-string-of-thefts...

Makes you wonder what happens to the mail involved in similar situations or for all the poor folks where their mail was no longer around?

-Lotz

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Where did you buy the item? In most cases it shouldn't be you the buyer that has to put in the footwork for the package. If the item was bought on ebay you need to file  an item not received claim on ebay if it isn't  more than 30 days past the estimated delivery date. If it is longer than that or was purchased on another site, you need to contact the other site or your payment source.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@nicgani-simqha5s 

EBay gave you a window for delivery.

Has the last date for that passed?

Open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre (there is a link at thebottom of this page) as Item Not Received(INR).

You have 30 days from the last delivery date to do this.

If you missed that date, you can open an INR through Paypal for 180 days from payment.

Mention in the INR that this is a GSP shipment.

The GSP has excellent insurance and if they cannot show delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 15 of 15
latest reply