Buying an item from a fraudulent seller

just want to complain a fraudulent ebay seller. i bought a BASEUS Wireless Charger 6 months ago(oct 2018),3 months later i contacted the seller,said “i did`t received my item yet”,they said can resend me one.i like the charger so i said ok.so 2 months after i try to email them again,but they change the email,ok fine. i found the email and asked again,where is my item! they said my country is far away from them,so need more time,ok ,then i wait 3 more weeks,still did`t received,so i said refund this time,but they said is over 180 days cant refund through paypel. now they block my eamil.
so everyone just pay attention on this seller.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Paragraphing and punctuation are your friends.

You purchased an item in October.

It did not arrive.

In December you contacted the seller who said he would send a replacement.

RED Flags.jpg

It did not arrive.

They persuaded you to wait another three weeks.

RED Flags.jpg

You tried to open a Dispute through Paypal but over 180 days have passed since payment and PP will not allow a refund.

Okay. I hope this was not an overly expensive lesson.

• EBay gives you an approximate date for delivery  on the shipping tab, before you order or pay.
  • Thirty days is normal for delivery from Asia. Sixty days is slow and any seller whose delivery period is that long should be avoided.
  • If a seller does not prove delivery (and sometimes the post office does mess up) or send an immediate refund, open a Dispute with eBay.
  • You have 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery for a Dispute.
  • While eBay suggests that you Contact the Seller, all you want is proof of delivery or (better) a prompt refund.
  • An offer of a replacement is almost always a scam.
  • A second request for more time is always a scam. (See "30 days" above.)
  • If you miss the eBay deadline, you still have Paypal Buyer Protection, which runs for 180 days from payment.
  • You also have some protection if you back your PP account with a credit card, but card policies differ.
  • Those deadlines are to the second. You may have a few hours to open a PP dispute. If not call your credit card.

There is a system in place, but you have to use it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This is what happens when you buy cheap items with free shipping from China, the replacements always come via the "slow boat" if they ever come at all....

As soon as you hear any of the following...

"Please close this request and we will ship the item"

"We will send replacements"

Monitor your transactions dates and use the Item Not Received link, and follow the instructions. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

container ship crashes.jpg

And sometimes the boat goes astray.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It happens more often then we know....

...sometimes they just get lost.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

andlia-3
Community Member
Contact the Ebay Service and they will resolve it 🙂
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

How many of you have heard that one?

Or spoken to Ken, Bill, Marty and Joe!

Or had to deal with one of these.....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
This past year I have sought other venues for buying many items other than Ebay for one reason...Several Purchases including an expensive PC Gaming Video Card, A Power washer and several other items were not legitimate. I have come to realize the best deals on ebay are false deals...until greater protection and care is taken when it comes to sellers accounts on ebay , I will continue to shop for the items I need elsewhere first. I am over 1200 Buys on ebay and even though the money back policy is good, when an item is removed by ebay for fraudulent reasons there is no simply link left to get a refund....the item disappears from your list of purchased items. It almost like ebay is trying to avoid the money back feature by making it difficult to find the place to request it. For new users this must be a real hassle.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@Anonymous 

when an item is removed by ebay for fraudulent reasons there is no simply link left to get a refund....the item disappears from your list of purchased items. I

Never put down to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity.

And the disappearing listings when eBay notices a fraud are very stupid.

You can find the transaction numbers on your Paypal receipt and work from there.

While you have 30 days from delivery to Dispute through eBay, you have 180 days from payment to Dispute through Paypal.

On the other hand, PP insists that the buyer pay for tracked return shipping before refunding on Not As Described disputes.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply