Can you still file an Item Not Received Dispute after 30 days?

I ordered an item from Japan (shipped to Vancouver).... does anyone know how long it takes? When I look it up online it says most shipments take up to 21 days, but ebay has a date range that goes up to 3 months from the time of purchase!

The tracking number has this format: RX999999999JP and I can't seem to figure out the method of shipment by looking it up online, only that it's Japan International and registered/insured.

Wondering how long I have on ebay to file a dispute if I don't receive it? I've never bought anything from overseas that's taken this long, so I'm not sure what happens once 30 days has passed?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What you need is the date eBay gave you for the last estimated delivery.

Then you have 30 days after that for a Dispute.

All the tracking does is give the seller a defense. If he can show delivery, you lose. I think if he can show the shipment is in Canada, he may get a little more leeway.

If that window is closed, you have 180 days from Payment for a Paypal dispute.

but ebay has a date range that goes up to 3 months from the time of purchase!

That's partly based on the seller's choice of shipping service and handling time.

It's odd from Japan to be so long, usually we see that with Chinese sellers using Surface shipping.

Anyway, mark that last date on your calendar, because you can't open an eBay dispute until it passes.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

“It's odd from Japan to be so long, usually we see that with Chinese sellers using Surface shipping.”

There’s a notice on the Japan Post website dated April that says that surface mail is the only option for mailing to Canada due to you-know-what. I didn’t find a subsequent notice stating that this situation had changed recently, but then, I didn’t look very thoroughly for one.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The latest update (Nov 26) has a further downgrade in service to Canada by air. Surface parcel service is still open.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/1126_01_en.html

Japan PostJapan Post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Tracking that starts with R is usually registered mail.  International registered mail isn’t always trackable online in the destination country so if the tracking stops in Canada, don’t get too stressed.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply