Canada Only Items

Is there a way to filter my search options to locate items that are only available to Canadian sellers on ebay.ca?

Example: buyer ships to Canada only!

Cheers:-)

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Canada Only Items

I assume you mean "seller ships to Canada only" and that you are looking for only Canadian sellers.

When you do a search on .ca scroll down in the left hand navigation bar until you come to Location.  Select Canada only.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

Yes pardon me i meant to say "seller ships to Canada only" however that does not help, that only gives me items listed on ebay.ca, it does not give me sellers that only ship within Canada. Narrowing a search to Canada only still gives me Canadian sellers that ship to Canada and Worldwide.

Im looking for a way to narrow my search for sellers that have set up their selling preferences to block all other areas but Canada.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

As far as I know there is no way to do that.  You won't find many sellers anyway who ship only to Canada.

You can choose Canada only and then 'customize' your search to show the sellers' information.  Then when you do a search you will not have to click on every listing to see where they are located.  It will tell you on the Search page.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

That would be one silly seller that limits his sales to such a small amount of possible buyers.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

bilge21
Community Member

That would be one silly seller that limits his sales to such a small amount of possible buyers.

Not silly at all. I am one of those Canadian sellers that sell to Canadians only.

Call it silly or call it protectionism, but I am happy just selling to Canadians only.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

out of curiosity, what is difference between Canadian seller shipping Canada only and another one shipping worldwide ? Why there should be such filter ?

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

Probably because it would greatly reduce the number of listings shown when doing a search.

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

Not silly at all. I am one of those Canadian sellers that sell to Canadians only.

Call it silly or call it protectionism, but I am happy just selling to Canadians only.

Could you explain why your listings say ship  to Canada, United States ?

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

bilge21
Community Member

Could you explain why your listings say ship  to Canada, United States ?

All my listings except for 4 have this:

Shipping:FREE - Expedited Shipping

See more services See shipping discounts 

See all shipping details

Item location: London, Ontario, Canada

Ships to: Canada <<<<<<<<<<

There are 4 listings that are for Canada and the US and those are for new OEM Lexmark C750s, which I have not had any luck selling here in Canada in a year or so, so I expanded the area to include the US. Shipping them to the US isn't free though.

All my other listings are for Canada only.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

It also would enable an individual to bid on an item knowing that ones bidding competition would be greatly reduced based on amount of eligible bidders, especially on harder to find items, and not have to break the bank to get these items. For example: there are items in the USA that sell for a lot less because the individual in the USA has set up their selling preferences to allow USA shipping only.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

Um, no you're not. And you are doing what most sellers do, just to a smaller extent. Maybe you should restate you are happy just selling to Canadians....as long as you make a margin and turnover you are happy with. 

There are 4 listings that are for Canada and the US and those are for new OEM Lexmark C750s, which I have not had any luck selling here in Canada in a year or so, so I expanded the area to include the US. Shipping them to the US isn't free though.

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

Um, no you're not. And you are doing what most sellers do, just to a smaller extent. Maybe you should restate you are happy just selling to Canadians....as long as you make a margin and turnover you are happy with. 

Don't confuse him with facts.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

enable an individual to bid on an item knowing that ones bidding competition would be greatly reduced based on amount of eligible bidders, 

With a few exceptions, bilge being one, that would not be a benefit for the seller. 

Such a search would tend to find inexperienced and tentative sellers. This might not be a benefit for the buyer, especially when a nervous seller learns about the Paypal 21 Day Hold on buyer payments. 

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

bilge21
Community Member

Don't confuse him with facts.

Confuse who?

Message 15 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

bilge21
Community Member

Happy with the margin? Turnover?? I doubt very many are happy with those here on eBay lately, lol. Right now it's just a hobby with me as my local and website sales are much better than I have ever sold on eBay.

No, another reason for wanting to sell my cartridges to Canadians only is because technically, cartridges remanufactured in Canada are basically illegal in the US. By law, all OEM logos must be covered up or removed on remanufactured cartridges in the US. If you even buy a remanufactured cartridge from a US seller, you will notice they may have the logos either removed, covered in tape or melted off. Compatibles and remans originally from China have a whole different set of problems when being shipped or sold to the States.

I would rather avoid any legal problems for myself and my customers by limiting my remanufactured cartridges to Canada only. Selling OEM cartridges don'tt have that problem though, hence another reason for having the Lexmarks set for sale in both the US and Canada. Lexmark recently started sending letters of intent to sue to many US remanufacturers who bought empties from a canadian empties reseller. Link

In any case, if an American buyer wants to buy the Lexmarks, they have to pay for shipping. Canadians don't.

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

I was just trying to be a little funny. I was just pointing out that you do indeed sell to the US, contrary to what you said.

To me, it's kind of like a woman saying they are a little bit pregnant. 

🙂

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

Superjoecommander, sorry for butting in...haven't read through the entire thread here but it sounds much like my concern as to the growing amount of U.S. sellers who now state 'May ship to Canada'? I mean...what is that supposed to mean exactly? Either you're going to ship to Canada or you're not going to ship to Canada. When I've asked U.S. buyers with this ebay listing option in their shipping instructions I've had the following replies: "NO I don't ship to Canada" (then why state 'MAY ship to...'?), or "Yes, says so in my listing" (um, no it doesn't it only says 'MAY ship to...'?). So this leaves me baffled as to why they have 'MAY ship to Canada'?  I say we Canadians then should also have the option to state 'MAY sell to U.S.A.'! So I don't blame you for expecting to be able to find only those sellers who deal in Canada because there is an awful lot of U.S. sellers who do exactly that...sell / ship ONLY to the U.S.

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

owlgebra
Community Member

The language "may not ship to Canada" is what eBay puts now for sellers that have not indicated that they will ship to Canada (or whatever else a page visitor's country is).  I am guessing that if the seller had also picked the setting to block questions from coutries outside of the explicitly chosen countries (or blocked such biddings?), the "may not ship" note woud not be there.  If communiciation has not been blocked, there is still the possibility of sending the seller a message to ask for permission to bid.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

Canada Only Items

I agree with you, it is very annoying when American buyers want huge shipping cost, then it add, add, add. I prefer to deal with stuff sold in Canada only.
Message 20 of 47
latest reply