Forum Posts

No Shipping To Canada

Ebay has a policy which charges fees just not on the item sold, but on the shipping charges attached to that item. Therefore, American Ebay sellers are blocking Canadians from purchasing their items unless pre-arranged and even then this does not mea...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 69 replies
  • 21 helpful

Why does Ebay allow dishonest Chinese sellers on here?

I have been looking at the negative feedback of all the Chinese sellers on Ebay and I am shocked that these scam artists, these liars, these crooks would be allowed to sell their junk on Ebay. It seems that most everything they sell is garbage and th...

• 13 replies
  • 7 helpful

Sellers not leaving feedback - Is this a new trend on eBay ?!?

Great! Over the last few weeks, I've had 5 sellers not leaving any feedback, even after I gave them 5 stars ratings. Why should they? It is just simple, basic curtesy IMHO. From my point of view I just find it rude, and I just won't purchase from the...

Seller not accepting Paypal

One last question before I hang up my Ebay hat permanently...I bought an item from a seller, until I attempted to pay there was NO indication this seller does not accept Paypal. I was advised that I had to call him, after the sale, to give him my cre...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! How do I find out actual shipping costs as opposed to what seller charged me?

How can I find out what actual shipping costs are as opposed to what seller actually charged me. When printing labels through paypal postage amount does not show up. So is there somewhere in paypal or ebay where I know I paid way too much for this it...

Why do China sellers never send items and just refund?

Why do Ebay sellers from China always do this?You can clearly see on the auction that they have enough items in stock of what I won or buyed out. My package is shipped and I wait and wait and wait and wait, 3 weeks pass, never received anything, so I...

• 26 replies
  • 4 helpful

Shipping cost rip offs.

Some sellers are taking advantage of the increased postal rates and charging staggering high shipping charges. Charging 16 to 26.00 dollars to ship a magazine or a single page advertisement is almost criminal. I hope no one buys from these sellers.Wh...

Canada Only Items

Is there a way to filter my search options to locate items that are only available to Canadian sellers on ebay.ca? Example: buyer ships to Canada only! Cheers:-)

Need advice on sales tax

Hi, Bought from a seller in Nova Scotia while I am living in Quebec. He wants to charge me Qc sales tax ! Nowhere on his listing he mention he charges tax. Can he do this ? I could understand that he charged me GST (5%) from Canada but Qc sales tax w...

Ebay extra charge for purchase with Visa?

I was just wondering if there is a new fee policy for using the direct credit card purchase option instead of the Paypal payment option for ebay auction purchases? I bought two bike shorts for a friend and the total on ebay.ca is listed as $43.82 CAN...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

CANADIANS: Read before you purchase from the USA!!!

If you reside in Canada - and purchase an item from the USA - you need to educate yourself as to the fact that you WILL be paying applicable taxes and possibly duties on the item when it crosses the border into Canada. Yes, if the item is shipped by ...

• 627 replies
  • 9 helpful

Are eBay shipping policies are a form of "racism"

eBay is a Global Marketplace, yet its shipping policies have racist undertones.Why? Because they allow sellers to discriminate against buyers based on where they live.If an African-American or Italian-Canadian walk into a store, I can't refuse to sel...

US SELLERS EXCESSIVE SHIPPING CHARGES.

Why is it that virtually ALL U.S. sellers charge Canadian eBay buyers exorbitant shipping? America is extremely wealthy. Why can't they have worldwide free shipping services like China or Canada. It would benefit their sellings.

• 14 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Seller lists items with free shipping but then cancels sale

I won an auction and had the seller cancel my purchase. When I questioned what had happened he said that there had been an error by his staff and that the shipping to North America is not free. The problem is all of his listings state free shipping! ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! how to cancel an order ?

I purchased a watch and because the seller did not specify shipping costs to Canada (he offers shipping to Canada),I keep asking since 2 days for an invoice in order to finalize the purchase.Seller does not react on any of my messages. How do I cance...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item Not Recevied But Tracking Says It Was

I ordered something from the US and the tracking is showing it as delivered but I didn't get it. It says:"Delivered to community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox." I have a feeling it was delivered to the wrong mailbox. Any idea what to d...

GSP Item Shipped Non-GSP?

I had an item I bought and paid for that sat, unshipped, for 2 weeks with no response from seller. Finally I get a response, her notifications had been turned off, she had been out of town and someone was supposed to have shipped my item for her, but...

Resolved! Seller promises to send item but does not

What do you do with a seller who you purchased a item from 3 days ago who I contacted some 3 days and told him I would be moving mid October and he would have to send it as soon as possible and promised that he would send it the same day (September 2...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Reshipping service through ebay?

Basically, I want an item from a shop that only ships to Canada, is it possible or does someone do this kind of service directly here where they buy it for you, ship to themsleves and then ship it to you internationally? Maybe some very reputable sel...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

I have received item after being refunded, but in the meantime I re-ordered it from another vendor

I have ordered an item on July 12th 2017. It did not arrive before September 6th. I went throughthe ebay channel of notice and I was advised to wait another week.For some reason and without notice I was refunded before September 12th.The refund appea...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Counterfeit products from France?

Hi all, I come to you for advice as I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. I purchased some Kylie lip kits from France - they were cheap, yes, but I used tutorials online to analyze the photos and make sure they were not knock-offs. But when they arriv...

has anyone as a buyer, tried to leave feedback today....

eBay is dinking around again.. wait until you see the new layout for leaving individual feedback.. it is not affected when you leave a group of feedback , but when you click on a single item and try to leave feedback, it is a whole new experience.. w...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

I just have a bad feeling about this transaction.

I need your inputs on this seemingly all legit transaction that just smells funny.I was looking for a tool ( a small clamping nut , looks like a big 2" nut, does not weigh more that 100 grams.) saw 4 for sale on ebay, all were priced almost the same ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal Used Next Payment Option

I thought when you buy something and you don't have enough in your Paypal account that they take whatever is in the Paypal account and then the rest from your next payment option?I bought something that is more than I have in my Paypal account and th...