Item Not Recevied But Tracking Says It Was

I ordered something from the US and the tracking is showing it as delivered but I didn't get it. It says:

"Delivered to community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox."

I have a feeling it was delivered to the wrong mailbox. Any idea what to do 😞

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@greenmangoes wrote:

I ordered something from the US and the tracking is showing it as delivered but I didn't get it. It says:

"Delivered to community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox."

I have a feeling it was delivered to the wrong mailbox. Any idea what to do 😞

Contact Canada Post immediately. Their website has an 800 number for problems (it's buried somewhere on the site).

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks.   Canada Post says that I have to contact the seller and tell the seller to start an investigation with USPS and USPS will then get in touch with Canada Post once the investigations starts and they will take it from there...  That's a pain.  But I want my money so I gotta do it 😞

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Do you have apartment buildings near you? Maybe it was delivered to a neighbor...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Canada Post delivered an eBay order to me on August 18... Canada Post tracking stated it was delivered on August 11.

On several other occasions, I have checked Amazon transit status for order(s)... Canada Post has stated delivered; but delivery didn't happen until a few days later..

Hopefully it's another example of the above, but I would still message the seller.

Obviously no signature was required, so if necessary you have other avenues available  through eBay or PayPal after the estimated delivery date passes.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Go to your local PO .

Go in person.

Ask about your parcel and bring a printout of the delivery notice.

You may have to go to the Post Office rather than the postal outlet.

Speak to the postmaster and not to a clerk.

Online and telephone questions have their place, but nothing works more efficiently when the problem is complex than face to face.

You might also try putting a postit note on every other mailbox in the array asking if they received your parcel.

Many people have no idea what to do when they get someone else' mail.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

i have also had something say delivered, and i got it the next day..

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Online and telephone questions have their place, but nothing works more efficiently when the problem is complex than face to face.

I agree with that, but it is vital to be the type of person people want to help. Mr. Shouty Pottymouth is not a good choice for the job. This should not need saying but 'If at first you don't succeed, get mad' has a fair number of supporters,

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Which is where I find Serenity---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ3k2xA1Wcw

Message 9 of 9
latest reply