GSP Item Shipped Non-GSP?

I had an item I bought and paid for that sat, unshipped, for 2 weeks with no response from seller. Finally I get a response, her notifications had been turned off, she had been out of town and someone was supposed to have shipped my item for her, but didn't. She got on it and rush-shipped it to me through Fed-Ex and it's due to arrive next week. However this was a Global Shipping Program item and I paid $60 in "import fees" to Pitney Bowes. The seller did not ship the boots to Erlanger, KY and therefore did not use the Global Shipping Program. Is that $60 just lost now?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@gilliankehler wrote:

.... rush-shipped it to me through Fed-Ex and it's due to arrive next week. However this was a Global Shipping Program item and I paid $60 in "import fees" to Pitney Bowes. The seller did not ship the boots to Erlanger, KY and therefore did not use the Global Shipping Program.

Contact Pitney Bowes at global.shipping.support@pb.com and see what they say.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It gets worse.

When the item arrives, FedEx will charge you those import fees again, along with a $25+ 'customs brokerage fee'.

And worse, FedEx may not charge you on your doorstep, but bill you later and unexpectedly.

While both GSP and FedEx charge the same duty and sales taxes, the GSP service fee is only about $5.

This is information your seller needs to know, and be ready to make right.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You should be able to get the GSP charges back since they will know that that item was never shipped by GSP.

This has come up before and was apparently sorted out.

They wil, as mentioned, need to be notifeid, though.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I should have also mentioned the seller has decided to stop responding to me again....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You should be able to get your fees back through CBSA if you send proof that you already paid them via GSP.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@gilliankehler wrote:

I should have also mentioned the seller has decided to stop responding to me again....

There may not be much the seller can do--whether they're receiving message notifications or not--until you've received your item.

You say that the item was "rush shipped".  What FedEx service was used for the item?  Not all FedEx international shipping services charge taxes/duty and customs processing fees after delivery.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You should be able to get your fees back through CBSA if you send proof that you already paid them via GSP.

No, this will not work as the CBSA would not be paid till the items were shipped through the GSP.
Till then the money is held by PB as security for their payment  at point of import.

Another point is that the buyer is not the importer, PB is the impoerter of record so individuals who paid the import charges through a third party such as PB have no remedy from the CBSA.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply