Seller promises to send item but does not

What do you do with a seller who you purchased a item from 3 days ago who I contacted some 3 days and told him I would be moving mid October and he would have to send it as soon as possible and promised that he would send it the same day (September 20, 2017) and did not keep his promise.  I have gone into My Ebay and as of September 23, 2017, there is no indication he has sent it.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just because the little icon for "Shipped" isn't filled in doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't shipped. It may have been, but the buyer forgot to mark it as shipped. Or perhaps they do most of their eBay dealings on the weekend, so they just haven't gotten around to marking it as shipped yet.

If you're really concerned, contact the buyer and ask.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member
Where is the item coming from?

What's the stated shipping method?

What does eBay state for the estimated delivery dates?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Just because the little icon for "Shipped" isn't filled in doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't shipped. It may have been, but the buyer forgot to mark it as shipped. Or perhaps they do most of their eBay dealings on the weekend, so they just haven't gotten around to marking it as shipped yet.

If you're really concerned, contact the buyer and ask.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Go to the PO and buy mail forwarding.

It's not great for packages, but remember that if you are not home when the package is delivered, the carrier will leave a Notice so that you can pick it up.

It will wait for a few days at the PO for you.

Also tell the new tenant your forwarding address. It will be helpful for more than this shipment.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH CONTACTED THE SELLER TO ASK POLITELY WHEN IT WAS SHIPPED IS THAT YOU GET A SNARKY REPLY LIKE I DID.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Posting in ALL CAPS is considered to be shouting and very rude.

Most shipments from the USA or Canada take less than 20 calendar days to arrive.

If the shipment is now in the mail stream, it will probably arrive before you move.

If not, leaving a polite note on the refrigerator for the new tenant with your new address and a polite request to drop the re-addressed parcel into the nearest mailbox*.

You may or may not be paying additional postage on it to the carrier when it arrives at your new home.

*since they will be new to the neighbourhood, also note where the box is.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@stanley613 wrote:

THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH CONTACTED THE SELLER TO ASK POLITELY WHEN IT WAS SHIPPED IS THAT YOU GET A SNARKY REPLY LIKE I DID.

As has already been pointed out, a message on the internet that's typed all in capital letters is considered to be shouting.

I'm sure you weren't shouting.  Have you considered that the seller may not have been snarky but rushed and trying to do several other things at the same time they responded to your email?

While we're on the subject of etiquette, if you weren't satisfied with the estimated delivery time on the listing or the shipping method offered by the seller, it would have been wise to ask the seller if they could make accommodations for you before committing to purchase the item (or before bidding, in the case of an auction-style listing).

Since you didn't answer the questions posted earlier in this thread that would have helped me give you better advice, I can now only give you suggestions after the fact that sound like reprimands.

My warm, fuzzy, slightly irony-tinged goofy side doesn't come out very well in online forums.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply