Chinese Reborn Dolls -- SCAM...BUYERS BEWARE!!

ajmyles
Community Member

I recently purchased reborn dolls from China. The first doll I purchased was on Dec 6/17 and then I purchased another one (from a different seller) on Jan 22/18. Both items have been paid for immediately after winning the auction but both sellers have not shipped the items. No answer to my emails either. Since winning the auctions, I have checked both seller's feedback page and noted that they are both generating a lot of negative feedbacks in the past month about items not being shipped.

I have contacted eBay's customer service to report both sellers but eBay's policy is for me to wait until the last "estimated delivery date" before I can open a dispute. I pointed out to eBay customer service representative that according to feedbacks being generated by the sellers, it is very unlikely that my items were shipped. Ebay still wants me to wait until the last estimated delivery date. In the case of the doll I purchased on Jan 22, I have to wait until May 8 before I can file a complaint. I don't think it's fair that I am being asked to wait 4 months before getting my money back.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For the December purchase open a dispute on PayPal (they have different purchase protection rules) for an Item-Not-Received.

2018 China New Year's holidays: Feb 15-21

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

For the December purchase open a dispute on PayPal (they have different purchase protection rules) for an Item-Not-Received.

2018 China New Year's holidays: Feb 15-21

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Stay away from Customer Service.

They mostly want to get you off the phone.

You want the Resolution Center.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

If eBay wants you to wait for that last estimated date for delivery, go to PP.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

The first suggestion with both is to Contact the Seller.

You've done that.

Ask eBay/PP to step in , still in the form, and escalate to a Claim.

If the sellers cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Tracking is a Seller Protection. For a buyer all it is is the warm fuzzies.

And some sellers are terrible at communication, especially if there is a language barrier.

That being said, dolls, and especially reborns, are a high fraud category.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Thanks femmefan and ypdc for your suggestions. I have open a case against both sellers on PP. I did the first step which is to send the sellers a message. Now I'm waiting to get an answer from them (which I'm sure I won't get since they didn't respond to any of my messages from eBay). I will update once I get an answer from either the sellers or PP.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

That is just a suggestion, and you previous,ignored, messages were plenty.

It is polite, and we often have sellers here complaining that a Dispute was opened and  escalated to a Claim without any contact from the buyer.

Quite often a problem can be quickly corrected by a little communication. I had one the other month, where being able to translate the description from English to French was  all that was needed to make the buyer happy.

But in this case, well, don't wait a moment more than necessary for a response.

AND

An offer of a 'replacement' is not a response, it's a new scam.

You want your money.

Are  you familiar with the term "vapourware"?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I've never heard of the term "vapourware". What does it mean?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I goggled "vapourware" and it seems like that is the case with the 2 dolls I purchased from China.

Anyway, I have learned my lesson ... you get what you pay for! I wanted a "cheap" reborn doll so I ended up getting scammed! I have since found a reborn artist from Virginia, USA and got one of her reborn dolls. It is more expensive but she has shipped the doll and I can track it.

I am now in the process of trying to get my money back from the Chinese sellers, through PP.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Hardware is the machine.

Software is the programme that instructs the machine.

Wetware is the programmer or machine user (brain).

Vapourware is a product offered that does not exist.

Like bitcoin.

*takes asbestos Stanfields out of storage. makes popcorn.*

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

wrote:

Vapourware is a product offered that does not exist.

Like bitcoin.

*takes asbestos Stanfields out of storage. makes popcorn.*

No incendiary stuff will be coming from me!  laughing 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I've been thinking.

You know how you see pictures, always the same pictures, of Bitcoin when you see stories about it online?

bitcoin-1.jpg

How about making up some of those medallions and selling them on eBay?

Gold plated of course.

We could sell them at a discount--- only $10,000 each. Five for $45,000.

They wouldn't even be digital so they could be listed anywhere.

How long would it take before we were visited by Big Louie, Guido the Knees and momcqueen's buddy Skinny Pete?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@femmefan1946wrote:

I've been thinking.

You know how you see pictures, always the same pictures, of Bitcoin when you see stories about it online?

bitcoin-1.jpg

How about making up some of those medallions and selling them on eBay?

Gold plated of course.

We could sell them at a discount--- only $10,000 each. Five for $45,000.

They wouldn't even be digital so they could be listed anywhere.

Over 8000 folk ahead of you selling them on eBay with heavy discounts -- BIN prices starting at 99 cents US with free shipping (complete with complaints that the gold plating is actually copper) and with auctions starting at 1 cent....

All  the way up to the top-of-the-line scammers trying to sell the same thing for $800.

-..-

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Same happened to me but I bought 6 dolls from the same seller ..Same thing I didn't get the dolls no info the tracking shows it went to a different adress and eBay nor PayPal is helping like they claim they will.. in fact PayPal closed my claim because there is a tracking number but they didn't even look to see where is was sent
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I went to PayPal when eBay wouldn't do anything .. they representative said they are getting alot of the same complaints yet I look this morning and recived a message that they ruled in the sellers favor ????? **bleep**???? I was told this wouldn't happen.. I'm guessing cause the seller has a tracking number yet PayPal didn't even look to see the item wasn't sent to me .. it was sent to a wrong adress or fake one.. so sick of this run around
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

You will have to call eBay Customer Service and speak to a real person.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

And if that doesn’t work, call PayPal. The key lays with speaking to a human being. Finally, if that gets you nowhere, call your credit card company. Sellers are not allowed to take your money and send you only empty promises. That’s what Buyer Protection is for.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

ja_854572
Community Member

I only believe in the brand Witdiy, their products are of good quality and they are very hard-working.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with zombie threads is that the information and advice may be out of date and/or incorrect.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply