Chinese product arrives in 11 to 12 days and getting a notice from Canada Post.

I've been seeing fantastic shipping lead times from China in the last few weeks. I've received stuff from between 21 to 11 days. The latest deliveries have Canada post tracking numbers and I get notified when packages are delivered. This is great. I hope it lasts.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Chinese product arrives in 11 to 12 days and getting a notice from Canada Post.

The worst problems with Chinese shipments were on the untracked low value items.

• CBSA was holding those up as part of the fight against fentanyl, which China was cooperating in. Deaths from fentanyl are down more than 15% in BC this year.
  • Canada Post, like most western postal systems, had a 'work to rule' policy about the cheap untracked shipments. Since Fall of 2016, the Universal Postal Union has managed to persuade China Post to raise their international shipping rates closer to covering the actual cost* and the work to rule seems to have been ended.

Certainly we are seeing a lot fewer complaints about slow or no delivery from Chinese sellers.

*This has been discussed over and over

Message 2 of 2
latest reply