Combined shipping

Hello EBayers.

I have a question about combined shipping.

I asked a seller if she could combine shipping on 2 items and she said yes.

She then asked me to purchase the items and she would send an invoice.

If I have already purchased the items, why the invoice?

It is my understanding that an invoice requires a payment. There is usually a PAY NOW button at the bottom. Am I mistaken?

What is the easiest way for a seller to offer combined shipping?

One seller combined the items and did a separate listing with one shipping cost, and that seemed to work.

Is there another way?

I don't sell so I don't know.

Thank you so much.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Combined shipping

Where is the seller located? Some items cannot be "bought" without being paid. Is there a "Best Offer" option on the items?

What I would suggest is to add the items in your cart and then "Request invoice". If it does not work, let us know.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi there.

Thank you for your feedback.

I live in Canada and the seller lives in Texas, so yes, I can't purchase the items without paying at the same time as it's now a CONFIRM AND PAY button all in one.

So how do they offer combined shipping?

The seller requested I purchase the articles first and then they will send an invoice with combined shipping.

But, if I have already paid, where is the combined shipping?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Add to your Shopping Cart. Does the shipping cost look combined? If not, Request Invoice. If yes, pay. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

On a couple of ( combined shipping) transactions that I've had with US sellers I paid the full price and then the seller gave me a refund with paypal, maybe you can suggest that option to your seller.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Or ask the seller to try to remove the 'Immediate Payment Required' selection from those listings only.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mjwl2006momcqueen wrote:

Or ask the seller to try to remove the 'Immediate Payment Required' selection from those listings only.

It's not necessarily the seller's fault or settings. Some items are now IPR even if the seller does not ask for it. So if there is a Best Offer option, the solution would be to send an offer a few pennies below the asking price. The seller can then accept and combine the items on a single invoice.

If there is no BO, maybe suggest it to the seller? Your offer would have to be at one penny less than the actual cost.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes, adding Best Offer to the listings is another good workaround. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply