Does the virus generally affect delays?

I purchased an Incineroar, Jigglypuff and Duck Hunt amiibo from three sellers in the USA while I’m in Ottawa. Their estimated delivery dates were last Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Is it possible the virus is heavily impacting the time it takes for them to arrive?

I opened up a case and the sellers do not know what is happening. Although eBay said Incineroar was apparently lost in transit and issued me a refund. Should I just take it as though the same happened for Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BTW-- the shipments are probably delayed rather than lost.

When they arrive, you can contact the seller and use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mcrlmn
Community Member

The pandemic is definitely impacting delivery times.
I do a lot of Canada and U.S. online purchasing.
Some items arrive quite quickly, but at least 50% of my purchases have been late; as much as an additional 3-4 weeks.

I received an April 19 purchase last week, and a May 5 purchase this morning.
Assuming the eBay's estimated delivery date expired last week, I'd have waited an additional couple of weeks for delivery.
You have 30 days to open a case on eBay, but have already done so, and don't think you can walk it back.
I don't recommend closing a case that is already open.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Canada Post is reporting three to six times as much shipping as most Christmases.

While they are also coping with staff that are off sick or taking leave for childcare, etc.

I hope they have been hiring on the part timers they add every holiday season. They have  a solid base of people who would love to work full time for Canada Post and use the temp worker programme to prove themselves for when jobs are opened.

The same is true of every shipping company. Sick workers, workers staying home for urgent personal reasons, much higher than average online and mail order purchasing.

I've been in mail order for over 30 years and to my mind 20 days for delivery within North America is normal, although it is usually faster. (from overseas, 30 days).

EBay gives you a window for delivery. Mark the last date on your calendar and ask your seller if she can give you a tracking number.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

BTW-- the shipments are probably delayed rather than lost.

When they arrive, you can contact the seller and use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The seller would have not lost his money as eBay take the hit once the item reaches GSC
Message 6 of 6
latest reply