EIS program to Canadians

Anonymous
Not applicable
To ALL Canadian buyers who purchase from USA Beware making purchases from USA sellers who use EIS On eBay for 20 years and my first experience with a seller who uses EIS Obviously GSP was dumped and changed to EIS so that eBay can make money The service is atrocious slow as molasses They use ground services psss it in my experience to 4 different carriers Placed my order a value of 250 cdn on Jan 24 seller sent it to the eBay hub And still as of today Feb 15 I still have not received my item Once I receive my item or it does not arrive and proceed with refund this is my last transaction on eBay period Once this is over I will be closing my account EBay does not care about good service to Canadians All about making money I receive 2 dollar items through other apps sooner than this is taking and I’m sure it’s not a one off Canadians BEWARE
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EIS program to Canadians

What dates were you given as the estimated delivery window?

If that has passed, open a Not Received dispute.

This will not affect theSeller because GSP and eIS are Seller Protection programs.

You will be refunded by eBay/eIS.

If the item arrives later even a day late, you will not be required to return it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

EIS program to Canadians

marnotom!
Community Member

From what I've gathered, eIS is still very much a work in progress, so your experience today may not reflect what others are going through right now, have gone through in the past, or will go through in the future.  You may find of interest this thread started in the program's infancy, where the OP (@fergua3) found that their purchase to the GTA took just over a week to reach them once the seller shipped:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Does-Ebay-International-Shipping-use-Canada-Post-to-deliv...

Why do items take longer now?  Could be one or a number of factors.  DHL wasn't involved in either of the shipments of the items I purchased that were forwarded by eIS, but I don't know if that's a reflection of my location or if DHL's involvement isn't a thing anymore.  Could be the larger volume of goods the eIS is handling now.  Could be that the beancounters have found that sales from Canada haven't met expectations so to keep costs down they have to ship out of the hub once a week instead of three or four times.  I'm just spitballing here, really.

All I can say is that my purchases met the delivery time estimate stated on the listing page.  I knew what I was getting into.  I don't think you've ever stated in your posts what the delivery time estimate was for your item.  It would be useful information for us, I think.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

EIS program to Canadians

I never have, and NEVER will purchase ANYTHING using the EIS the same way as I have never really used the now retired GSP (unless it was a large "lot") occasionally...

Shop LOCAL, and support your fellow Canadians, that is what all this is about and what your Canadian Gov wants.

All Western Nations are going nationalistic and would much prefer you support your local economy, hence the reason all sales are TAXED and it costs way more to have items shipped, the bubble has burst...

Reducing your carbon footprint is the new goal, and making it more expensive to import goods is a good way to do that...

...15 min cites by 2030 folks, it's a real thing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

EIS program to Canadians

A third thread rant on this EIS program pertaining to your recent experience with it and your vow to leave eBay because of it is not going to bring a satisfactory end to your experience nor have any further impact on its outcome.  Very little else can be said or done by forum participants that wasn't already said/discussed in your 2 previous threads,  so don't expect to see much change in the answers or discussion of this subject since most who come to these forums have already heard it all before ...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply