Ebay is practicing deceptive advertising

afnaf
Community Member

An item I purchased was not received. The guarantee states "With the eBay Money Back Guarantee, get the item you ordered or your money back, on virtually all items." this is not true. I tried to open a resolution, but because the item was ordered over three months ago there is no way of initiating a resolution case. This is not what the website states. There is no link to Ebay to even discuss this matter.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

mcrlmn
Community Member

You can use the eBay Money Back Guarantee for up to 30 days after when you should have received your item.
If the 30 days have elapsed, you can file for PayPal Purchase Protection in your PayPal account. PayPal offers a 180-day window of coverage for items that aren't received or not as described.

https://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I don't blame ebay , millions of people using it at any time although its totally understandable that your disappointed . Did you have a tracking number ? Wait a bit longer maybe ? 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The MoneyBack Guarantee has a 30-day limit. After that, use Paypal Buyer Protection. If you need to return it, subscribe to their Returns program first. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

3 months ?? Did you have a tracking number ?  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Dude try calling , its not your fault so you'll probably get your money back 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

At the very least, eBay will help him open a case with PayPal.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@van13sina

EBay has a 30 day guarantee, from the last estimated date for delivery.

As a returning seller, this is important for you to know.

@afnaf

Go to your Paypal account.

At the top of the page under Tools is the PP Resolution Centre.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

You have 180 days from Payment to do this.

(@van13sina -- This is a big change from when you were selling before.)

Ignore the Contact Seller suggestion.

Escalate to a Claim and ask Paypal to step in.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

In addition to the 30 day eBay MBG, you have the six month PP Buyer Protection.

And if that doesn't work, you may still be covered by the credit card you back your PP account with.

But do them in that order, and don't have two Disputes open at the same time, or both will fail.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

"With the eBay Money Back Guarantee, get the item you ordered or your money back, on virtually all items." No mention of time limit of 30 days.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The website is clear: "With the eBay Money Back Guarantee, get the item you ordered or your money back, on virtually all items." No mention of time limit of 30 days.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

It's more than three months so seller can't accept that information any longer.
The website says: "With the eBay Money Back Guarantee, get the item you ordered or your money back, on virtually all items." No mention of time limit of 30 days.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, I will try that.
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It was purchased on a credit card. How do I use your suggested mechanism: "And if that doesn't work, you may still be covered by the credit card you back your PP account with."
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Call the number on the back of your card.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@afnaf wrote:

The website is clear: "With the eBay Money Back Guarantee, get the item you ordered or your money back, on virtually all items." No mention of time limit of 30 days.

I'm not sure where in the website you mean, but it's mentioned in the FAQ section on this page:

https://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 15 of 15
latest reply