Ebay lost my item

jamiem_780
Community Member

My package has gone missing at EBays global shipping center. I unmderstand thingas happen. What I don't understand is Ebays refusal to even look for the item. If a package goes missing at the shipping centre and no one looks for it, seems to me this allows for employee theft. If nobody will look for the lost package, nobody wiil discover who stole it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Ebay lost my item

It's not EBays shipping center, eBay does not have a shipping center, in fact, they do not have any inventory either...

...that's Amazon

Global Shipping is a third-party service and has nothing to do with eBay.

Did you file an item not received request, you will get a full refund.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

Its says Global shipping center in KY.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

Don't want a refund wanat the item I'vew beenm waiting 6 weeks for. Refund means I ahvwe to reorder and wait another 6 weeks and hope it doesn't get lost again.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

Where is eBay's global shipping Centre?

After seller ships the item, it travels through US to GSP headquarters in Erlanger, KY where it's prepared for international shipment.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

The Rolling Stones had a song about that.

Once the GSP plant in Erlanger KY accepts the package, they assume responsiblity for forwarding it to you.

Shall we assume you have looked at the tracking AFTER the KY address?

——————————————————————————————————
Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery 

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Did you receive the UPAxxxxx number?

Does it show the shipment in KY or has it moved to Canada? It usually turns up first in Mississauga (Gateway Postal Terminal) .

What is the last date for delivery you were given by eBay?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

If the GSP cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

And should the shipment show up the next day (or the next week) they do  NOT want it back. You keep both your purchase and your payment.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

marnotom!
Community Member
Items dead-end at the Global Shipping Center for reasons other than them going missing. Sometimes the information the seller has provided on the item may unintentionally trip up the computerized part of its processing and lead to it being impounded as an unshippable item. Checking the tracking page @reallynicestamps provided info on may yield a few more clues.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item

The gsp Center in Kentucky is where the seller sends gsp packages but it is not run by eBay. It is run by Pitney Bowe.   I agree that they should make an attempt to find a lost package but as far as I know, they always just refund.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay lost my item