GSP lost my package

rgos64
Community Member

I order a NOS part for my bike (not produced anymore and quite hard to find nowadays). It was supposed to show up on September 23 but nothing arrived. I opened a claim and got my refund, but do you know if there's any chance I might receive the part anyway? Or is it really and truly lost and do I need to order a 2nd one if by any chance I can find another NOS?

Is there anyone that can have a more in depth look?

Tracking says it cleared customs on september 11, but there is no location associated with it and no movement since

In the meantime I ordered other parts through the GSP which arrived fine, well before the due date...
Any other canadian with a package lost around mid september while clearing customs?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

GSP lost my package

It's somewhere in the mailstream, perhaps under 1000 tiny packets of scrapbooking supplies behind the sorting machine the CEO of USPS ordered removed which the union has been slow walking.

Since GSP pre-clears shipments for customs in Erlanger, it may very well still be there, actually.

So yes, there is a chance that it will arrive eventually.

And GSP doesn't want it back and the seller has completed his part of the transaction. So if it arrives- Happy UnBirthday!

Since you are back where you started with money and no part, you'd be best to  look for another-- although winter is coming and you may not really need it until spring, depending on where in Canada you live.

When and if the part turns up, it's yours to keep just in case or to sell.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

yeah I got alerts everywhere for when one goes on sale, they are really hard to find, but yeah won't really need it before spring
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

You will almost certainly receive it .... eventually. GSP can be agonizingly slow, but it's rare that a package actually goes missing. Earlier this year I purchased two currency items (worth over $1,000) that did not arrive by the eBay deadline. I asked for and received my refund (which came from eBay/GSP not the seller) and unbelievably the two notes arrived after nearly 4 ½ months!! Just be patient and you should have your parts by December/January 🙂

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

Yes I got to admit getting the refund from GSP was pretty straightforward and quick. At least they stand by their deadline
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

There are a couple of websites run by Pitney Bowes that can be used to track GSP items, although from what I've seen the only difference is the timestamp on each tracking entry:

https://tracking.pb.com

https://parceltracking.pb.com

Have your "UPAA" tracking code at the ready.

If your item has been handed off to the carrier that will be delivering it from the hub in Canada where the item was dropped off, there may be an option to "track item on carrier's website" that shows up as a link underneath (I think) the item's "progress meter.

This may or may not provide you with more information than you're getting on your "my eBay" page.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

@arhirii2007 wrote:

Earlier this year I purchased two currency items (worth over $1,000) that did not arrive by the eBay deadline. I asked for and received my refund (which came from eBay/GSP not the seller) and unbelievably the two notes arrived after nearly 4 ½ months!!

Do you know who was contracted out for the delivery of these items within Canada?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

I'm pretty sure it was Canada Post as the package was deposited into my mailbox.  I live in a condo complex and anything that is not oversize goes directly into the mailbox for my unit (since Canada Post are the only ones with a key to the condo mailroom).

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

so you got 1,000$ worth of items, plus your money back????

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

Yes that's correct. I'm glad the seller wasn't dinged in any way, but I'm also glad eBay is poorer by $1,000 (makes up for their usurious fees and they brought it on themselves by setting up a scam and calling a "Global Shipping Program").

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

GSP lost my package

@arhirii2007 wrote:

Yes that's correct. I'm glad the seller wasn't dinged in any way, but I'm also glad eBay is poorer by $1,000 (makes up for their usurious fees and they brought it on themselves by setting up a scam and calling a "Global Shipping Program").

Just for the record, the Global Shipping Program is administered by PitneyBowes, not eBay.  eBay may get a small "finders fee" for every Global Shipping Program transaction, but it can't be a lot as the amount in the "Import Charges" that doesn't go towards the amount estimated for taxes and duty is usually around US$5.  The $1000 loss is likely covered by whatever insurance scheme PitneyBowes, the contractee operating the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, and the contracted carriers involved have worked out amongst themselves.

There's nothing "scam-like" about the Global Shipping Program.  It's a glorified forwarding service that's generally not a good fit for sales to Canada because of our geographical proximity to the United States and our very established trade relationship with the US, but for many countries also roped into the program, many buyers prefer it as it bypasses their problematic postal systems and customs bureaux.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply