GSP with Fedex stuck at Commercial Invoice is incomplete.

khngu-77
Community Member
Hi everyone, i bought a laptop on ebay on Oct 18. The item was shipped with GSP and I got the tracking number with Fedex. It said “Commercial Invoice is incomplete.Recommended action: Shipper or Importer must provide a completed Commercial Invoice.”.

So Fedex will need information from Pitney Bowes right ? Do I need to contact with Fedex or Pitney Bowes or just wait ?

Thank you
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

khngu-77
Community Member
UPDATED:
I have contacted Fedex and they said
“Your shipment has been pending at customs as there is no correct information on the invoice originally provided by Pitney Bowes”

So I send them ebay’s invoice and problem is solved now.

Thank you guys.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

marnotom!
Community Member

I'd wait a couple of business days and contact PitneyBowes if the situation doesn't appear to be resolved by then.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

This doesn't sound right. It sounds as if your seller has shipped the item directly to you, as if it was sent domestically, that status update shouldn't exist.

I would perhaps confirm with seller that he sent your item to the GSP Hub.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Contact the seller for the information.

While GSP/Pitney Bowes has occasionally been reported using FedEx as the last leg of the journey, they are more likely to use Canada Post, and your purchase cleared customs back in Kentucky.

If he sent it directly and not to Kentucky, you will be paying import fees again, on your doorstep.

Actually, worse. FedEx has a nasty habit of getting you to sign for the shipment and then billing you later for the "customs brokerage"  which starts around $25 PLUS duty and sales tax.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps FedEx is the carrier being used to ship the laptop to Kentucky? Although if the laptop was purchased on the 18th, that's a fair bit of time for the seller to be sitting on it before shipping.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

khngu-77
Community Member
UPDATED:
I have contacted Fedex and they said
“Your shipment has been pending at customs as there is no correct information on the invoice originally provided by Pitney Bowes”

So I send them ebay’s invoice and problem is solved now.

Thank you guys.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I don't want to rain on your cornflakes, but this sounds as if you paid the seller to ship by GSP, which means you paid for the import fees in advance.

But the seller seems to have used FedEx to ship.

Is there ANY mention of arrival in Erlanger KY in the tracking?

If the seller did not actually ship to the GSP plant in Kentucky, FedEx will charge you AGAIN for the import fees and slap on a $25 customs brokerage fee.

I really really hope I am wrong.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@reallynicestamps

I doubt that the FedEx rep would refer to Pitney Bowes by name if the shipment were sent directly from the seller to the buyer.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

True.  We have seen complaints about FedEx (and CanPar) as last leg shippers with GSP in the past.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

With GSP all the import fees are supposed to be covered by GSP, before the seller is even told to ship.

FedEx should not need to deal with this-- wouldn't they have been received "in bond" or whatever the term is?

New clerk at the FedEx loading dock I guess.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

The laptop was likely stuck in a FedEx shipping hub in Kentucky awaiting transport by FedEx's freight operations. For whatever reason, some of the documentation for the laptop may have gone AWOL.

See "US to Canada" section

https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/shipping-services/freight/ltl/shipping-forms.html
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

how do i send the invoice to fed ex
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Get in touch with FedEx through Live Chat or by phone and someone there should be able to advise you.

https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/contact-us.html

Message 13 of 13
latest reply