GSP

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been on eBay Canada since 2003 For the most part happy I have used the global shipping program in the past but this most recent purchase of mine must be coming to me on a bike I find it curious that in the details of sellers using GSP are promised that any feedback referring to shipping will be deleted by eBay I assume eBay is aware their service is terrible I receive items from China quicker than the GSP It will be my last transaction on eBay and I’ve been a member since 2003 Done
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

GSP

Putting the blame to eBay is somewhat irresponsible since buyers know in advance whether or not they are purchasing from a seller who uses this shipping system>>>Buyers have a choice to purchase from these sellers or not and thereby making that choice is on the buyer and it is not eBay's responsibility, nor eBay's fault for delays encountered with shipping/delivery when buyers have made the decision to purchase from sellers using this shipping system.

and as I mentioned in your other thread regarding this matter, there IS a known problem with shipments traveling to and from the Houston, Texas area.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

GSP

marnotom!
Community Member

If you're referring to the item you're discussing in the other thread you started on this, the item hasn't even been received by eBay International Shipping (the successor to the GSP) yet.  Your beef is with USPS, not eBay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

GSP

EBay has dropped the Global Shipping Program and is now using something called eBayInternational Shipping.

It is like GSP a Seller Protection program and is not designed to offer anything to the buyer.

What date were you given for delivery? Has that date passed?

If it has, this is, from your point of view, a straight Item Not Received dispute.

Have you opened one?

If the Seller got it shipped promptly, part of the Seller Protection is that they are not responsible for delivery once it reaches the eIS plant in Glendale Heights outside of Chicago.

If the eIS is too slow to deliver, you will be refunded.
If the shipment arrives later, you get to keep it.

And all import fees were paid in advance.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

GSP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I’ve used GSP but first time since this new ( inferior ) EIS Purchased item on 24 January USPS picked up on the 25 Since then it’s bounced around back and forth not going anywhere Received isps message saying it was delivered to Glendale heights on the 1 st Then I get a message from usps saying it’s back at the post office ? So not really sure where it is So I’m waiting to see what happens next week OSM the company eBay is using is open u Gil 5 pm weekdays nothing happens until Monday So that will be what over 10 days and still nothing has been processed and still in the USA ? I have read all kinds of horror stories about this OSM company reviews and they are from stellar So with tue item going in and out of the sane post office for days I’m getting a wee bit worried where this may all end up ? Lost item ? It’s supposed to arrive latest FEB 15 so the clock is ticking It would not be so bad if not for all the entries of usps saying it’s at the hub then back to post office and bs k to hub at least a few times Thanks for info
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

GSP

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have confusing emails stating one day it was received by the hub and the very next day it’s at the post office so yeah I do t recall that kind of confusion when it was the GSP out of Erlanger I’ll wait the delivery date has not passed yet I suppose they changed the program because the company contracted OSM are cheaoer to enhance the bottom line their reviews not so sparking At any rate I won’t be purchasing anything with this new EIS Thanks for your input
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

GSP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well maybe if EBay hadn’t changed the program to enhance their profits At any rate learned a lesson here In eBay since 2003 and never had ci fusion like this At any rate I would prefer the product but I’ll wait until the deadline and nothing I’ll surely be demanding a refund The GSP worked great so why the change I did find it curious that in the info for sellers about using the EIS that any feedback concerning (shipping ) negative thst is EBay would strike it out for the seller almost sounds like they knew what was coming End of day I’m sure the change as made to enhance profit Thanks for your input nonetheless
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

GSP

Anonymous
Not applicable
One last to you Who changed the successful GSP was that USPS or EBay ? Now I’m done with this thread Thanks to all for clarification of the changes EBay made The new service is inferior to the GSP that I used for many years As I said most likely all about money and profit not about customer service at least to up here in Canada Cheers just my opinion and I’m allowed to have my opinion
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

GSP

@Anonymous wrote:

I have confusing emails stating one day it was received by the hub and the very next day it’s at the post office so yeah I do t recall that kind of confusion when it was the GSP out of Erlanger I’ll wait the delivery date has not passed yet I suppose they changed the program because the company contracted OSM are cheaoer to enhance the bottom line their reviews not so sparking At any rate I won’t be purchasing anything with this new EIS 

You also vowed never to purchase anything from sellers using the Global Shipping Program, but obviously you didn't stick to that.  The GSP improved over the years, as you found, and I have no reason to believe that eIS isn't a work in progress as well.  One development that you may like is that some listings now offer buyers the choice between eIS and the direct international shipping method of the seller's choice.  That option is being gradually rolled out, I believe, but I don't know how many sellers will take advantage of it.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever received emails about the whereabouts of my items forwarded through the GSP or eIS. and quite frankly, I don't think I'd bother with them.  I don't tend to watch the tracking for my items as it is.  I'm waiting for an item with an expected latest estimated delivery date of February 6th and as long as it reaches me sometime next week, I'll be happy.  I don't really care what sort of delivery route it's taken.  I've made a non-eBay purchase that turned out to ship from China that went all the way over to Mississauga before working its way back to Vancouver Island.  My wife's purchased something from Southeast Asia that went to Alaska, Seattle, and Vancouver before it was sent to Vancouver Island.  It reached her just fine.  Surely getting the item within the timeframe suggested on the listing page in the condition stated in the listing description is more important than where it might be at any given moment?  Tracking only tells you where an item has been, anyway, not where it is.  It's not realtime.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply