Global Shipping Lost My Package

Global Shipping lost my package after two weeks with no

tracking info.  Pitney Bowes support advised the package was lost in transit.

Yes, I received a full refund but wanted the item for my collection.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It is somewhere.

If you had some PB/GSP tracking then it made it out of the plant.

If the address on the package was correct, it will eventually get to you. (And you are not required to return the item even though you were refunded.)

It may have fallen under a conveyor belt, or be in the bottom of a cargo bin.

When someone notices it, it will go back into the mail stream.

If however, Murphy's Law was the culprit,  and your address was wrong AND it got sidelined, it may eventually get back to the seller.

It would not hurt to Contact the Seller, explain what happened and that you don't blame him, but if it does show up one day could he get in touch with you.  He can do this most easily by clicking on the Refund button on the original invoice, which then gives him your email. He should NOT continue with the refund, obviously, he just wants that email.

You can't always get what you want.... but you may get what you need.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I've been in a similar situation. I'm not sure how fast the refund was, but the last time I dealt with it, it took over 30 days to get a refund. They might have changed the policies.

In my case, PBI did not fill out the right customs forms and CBSA seized the shipment.

What I was curious about though, is if it was just my item that was seized or if the entire shipment was seized. That would be a dark day for GSP.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you. I will contact the seller.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I received a refund instantly. I called Ebay and told them how disappointed I
was with their GSP. I believe if an item is seized you would be advised and perhaps
given the options of return to sender or disposed of by customs.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@retroman_studios wrote:
... What I was curious about though, is if it was just my item that was seized or if the entire shipment was seized. That would be a dark day for GSP.

An entire shipment would only be seized if all of the items are banned or required documentation. And the importer (Pitney-Bowes for GSP) has the right to appeal a seizure if they think it is worth the trouble.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The item won’t go back to the seller after it has been received at the gsp Center in Kentucky.  PB would have refunded you so if the item is found it would belong to them.  I believe that there is someone who sells lost/found items for them so the item could be listed on eBay again but it would have US shipping only.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply