Global Shipping program extremely low efficiency

Is it just me, of Pitney Bows is just an over priced low performance, terrible re-shipper?  
Anything they receive at their warehouse just sits there for 1 to 2 weeks every time.
This package was sent from Florida, and could have been sent to me directly using the worst USPS snail mail, in less than half this time. 
How does eBay justify this?  They don't seem to care, as long as they get their money...
No wonder they are getting crushed by Amazon LOL 

volksrich_2-1644596606016.png

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

As an individual, you are free to purchase or not, from any seller you wish, including those that use or do not use the GSP.

The GSP saga is old...

...as a Buyer also, I only use GSP-listed items for purchasing larger lots, never for single items. And, I do not care if it takes two days or two weeks to arrive, I know in advance what I am getting with GSP listings.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Tracking only shows where an item has been, not where it is.  It's not real-time.  Your item hasn't even been received at the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, KY, according to your tracking information.

The Global Shipping Program is a forwarding service that handles items from about 100 other countries in addition to Canada.  It's a busy place.

Keep in mind that the next stop for your item after Erlanger is likely Mississauga and the blockade of the Ambassador Bridge is probably going to cause problems for the transport of your item.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

YES
I soved the problem, I dont buy on eBay anymore. 
Pitney Bows can scam someone else.
Why pay high price for shipping, and get less than below the slowest service on the planet LOL . 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

The worst is when you get an estimate date that match the service described,
, you place the order , and once it is done, your shipping tyime is suddenly pused back 3 weeks later .

I understant there are issues with logistic sometimes, but if I purchase from sellers that don't use this method , I always get it on time. 
I can alway live with long shipping if I dont need it fast, ( otherwise I would order from an other place ) but there is a limit to estimating a shipping time of 7 days, then adding 2 to 3 weeks after you purchased the item. 
It seem you never really know until you have paid. Client wise , this is not what I would call good honest service.
If I use Fedex overnight, and there would be a delay, for what ever resonable and explainable reason, I can understand. But certainly not 2 to 3 weeks extra  LOL 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

And Yet all other logistic company has found ways to go around it already ... LOL 

If Pitney Bows sends his stuff that way,  to let the trucks sit there for weeks.

Knowing they are not customers or service driven, they would most likely just let it sit in their warehouse for ever.

They always have an excuse anyway LOL 

Before covid it was one thing , then covid came, now this ... Spring is arriving, so there might be a delay because Canada geese are on the way back  IDK LOL 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
The tracking for your item states that your item left the Global Shipping Center today.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

GSP/ Pitney Bowes is not sold as a re-shipper.

The Global Shipping Program is sold to US and UK sellers as a Seller Protection program.

The seller is no longer subject to most of the Money Back Guarantee*  when the purchase gets to the GSP plant in Erlanger KY (and more recently Cincinnati OH, just across the river).

If it is slow (er than other services at this time of supply chain disruption) , if it shipping is expensive (because there are two shipping fees paid by the buyer : to the plant and to the buyer) , and if there are unexpected fees (mostly the Canadian duty** and sales taxes*** which would be charged by CBSA and Canada Post or by any other shipper) that is because it is a Seller Protection program which offers almost nothing to the buyer.

There are two, perhaps three,  minor benefits for the buyer.

• The GSP service fee is about $5.00, half of Canada Post's service fee ($9.95) and much lower than most couriers ($25 and up, based on shipment value).
  • There is no duty/sales tax/ service fee demanded on delivery, because you saw it and paid it before the seller was even told to ship.
  • As others have mentioned, large/bulky/high value shipments can be cheaper than direct importation because GSP is shipping to Canada (and a hundred other countries) in bulk with a manifest which is cheaper than shipping singly.

* The seller is still responsible for Not As Described disputes, but it is my understanding that the seller only has to provide return shipping from Erlanger, not from the buyer's location.

** Over $150 for US imports.

*** Over $40 for US imports.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Additional minor benefit: The GSP only takes federal taxes into consideration when calculating an estimate for the "import charges."  That means that if the buyer resides in a province where PST and GST is charged, the "import charges" will not have PST in their makeup.  However, an estimate for HST will be calcuated if the item is shipped to a province where HST is charged.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

* The seller is still responsible for Not As Described disputes, but it is my understanding that the seller only has to provide return shipping from Erlanger, not from the buyer's location.

The seller is responsible for a nad dispute unless the problem was shipping damage .  When the seller is responsible and they want the item returned, they have to pay  return shipping from the buyers location.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I respectfully disagree.

This is Tyler's response when I asked specifically about this a while back.

FREIGHT FORWARDERS

Now -- if the GSP is not involved, but the buyer uses a freight forwarder, does the seller provide Return Shipping from the forwarding address or from the buyer's address?
Oooh this is a good clarification question @femmefan1946! A seller is only required to provide return shipping from the buyer's input address at time of checkout - that goes for any return where a seller provides shipping ('free' returns, etc).
 https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/All-Items-Are-Free/m-p/31966203#M1772511
Message #20 from tyler  tyler@ebay 

Since the input address is that of the freight forwarder..... perhaps we need further clarification.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I respectfully disagree.

This is Tyler's response when I asked specifically about this a while back.

FREIGHT FORWARDERS

Now -- if the GSP is not involved, but the buyer uses a freight forwarder, does the seller provide Return Shipping from the forwarding address or from the buyer's address?
Oooh this is a good clarification question @femmefan1946! A seller is only required to provide return shipping from the buyer's input address at time of checkout - that goes for any return where a seller provides shipping ('free' returns, etc).
 https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/All-Items-Are-Free/m-p/31966203#M1772511
Message #20 from tyler  tyler@ebay 

Since the input address is that of the freight forwarder..... perhaps we need further clarification.

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps - and I know this is going to sound like splitting hairs, but in this situation @pjcdn2005 is correct.  GSP isn't considered a 'freight forwarder' as much as a shipping service a Seller can avail themselves of. 

On a GSP transaction the address input by the Buyer at checkout is their address at the final destination. The Erlanger address is inserted into the transaction for the Seller. This means for Not as Described return requests a Seller would still be responsible for return shipping from the final delivery address*.  

*PJ's call out of the exception for damage in shipping is correct as well.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I stand corrected.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

According to the chart attached to the original post, the package had not reached the GSP plant which is in Erlanger KY.

The seller used FedEX to ship to Erlanger. on the 11th, which on posting had taken three days without actually arriving at the plant.

By  Tuesday the 15th  it had arrived at the GSP plant, been precleared for Canadian customs, and it was on its way to Canada.

Today is the 16th.

Seven days of which up to six were in the hands of FedEx.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply