Global shipping program

Anonymous
Not applicable
Purchased an item on the 25 January Seller uses global shipping program Item purchased from seller in USA destination Canada I paid the taxes etc up front USPS tracking states it was picked up on January 26 What I though odd is the seller is in Houston Texas and it has moved to Missouri city South of Houston and has been there ever since ? Does this sound normal ? I would have thought from Houston it would have moved north not south ? As of tonite tracking only states it’s moving through the usps circuit but no movement Considering it’s about 15 hours from Houston to the global shipping hub I find it odd
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Global shipping program

apparently there is a massive problem with postal delays in the Houston area that has been ongoing for the past 2 months. Google USPS mail delays in Houston and you can further elighten thyself.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

if you'd like to spend additional time reading about the issue, visit the discussions on the .COM forums

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

marnotom!
Community Member

The GSP is no more. Your item is being handled by a new program annoyingly called "eBay International Shipping."  For shipments to Canada, at least, it seems to rely more on the postal system and logistics companies using the postal system than the old Global Shipping Program did.

In your case, as the item hasn't even reached the eIS hub in Illinois yet, the delay you're seeing could well have happened had the seller chosen not to use the program and ship the item directly to you instead.

I purchased a sweater forwarded through eIS the evening of January 13th.  I don't normally check the tracking of my items until pretty close to the last estimated delivery date (February 6th in this case) but in the interest of this topic I've done so.  It didn't reach the eIS hub in Illinois until the 21st, likely delayed by all the snow in the northwestern part of the States.  It is what it is.  It probably won't make it to Vancouver Island by the 6th but I'm not bent out of shape about it as it's moved on from the hub, although the fact that it's getting processed by USPS in Chicago is slightly concerning.  Anyway, nothing I can do about it until the 6th, so I'm having a beer and carrying on.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

You paid on THURSDAY Jan 25.

The seller shipped on FRIDAY Jan 26.

The postal system operates more slowly on weekends.

What window were you given for delivery?

Today is TUESDAY January 30.

NEVER WATCH TRACKING!

All shippers use spoke and hub delivery systems including FedEx, UPS, Canada Post,  USPS and every airline around the world.

These systems are efficient (although efficiency also includes cost, so don't expect any straight lines) but do not make sense.

Here's an Air Canada map

spoke and hub Air Canada 1.jpeg

Consider how many Newfies work on the oil rigs in Fort Mac.

Now try to get from Fort Mac to St Johns without changing planes.

That's spoke and hub.

You will need to use your imagination to understand this.

Your parcel does not ship alone, any more than Air Canada will fly a solitary roughneck home to The Rock from Fort Mac.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am fully aware of how it all works I have been buying and selling on eBay for about 20 years Long before there was any GSP of this new inferior EIS version Buy and sell on eBay My issue is this new edition EIS Never had any problems with GSP when purchasing US and going to Erlanger ..very solid service My first purchase through this watered down version My issues are two so far One a lot slower and second tracking by usps is erratic unreliable I’m not worried I know I’m covered if it never shows or lost lol EG tracking states on usps “delivered to individual “ at Glendale heights afyer running around from one location to another and back and forth for three days one day it’s at the hub the next day it’s back where it started etc Dekivered to an individual really was that the guy at the front door having a smoke ? This is not in any way professional at all it’s not the way business should be I’m a paying customer and expect better than that period Isoirrs no confidence in the process and will be the nail in the coffin for me as far as eBay goes Yeah I know they’ll say well that’s your choice because they don’t give a Damon about the customer only about finding ways to enhance the bottom line and that’s okay with me Plenty of options s out there today as to when I started on eBay 20 years ago
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

Hello,

I purchased a CPU that arrived as "wrong item sent". I am working on to get a refund. How do I get in touch with GSP? 

Thank you

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

Firstly, You get in touch with the seller and proceed with working things out with the seller.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Firstly, You get in touch with the seller and proceed with working things out with the seller.

Nothing needs to be worked out with the seller for an item forwarded through the GSP or eIS but it's probably a good idea for the buyer to give the seller a heads-up that there's an issue that will require the buyer to file a case through the Money Back Guarantee process.  Remember, the GSP/eIS relieves the seller of pretty much any responsibility for the item once it's accepted at the forwarding hub.

@fuz39485, after you've given the seller a heads-up, head for the Resolution Centre.  Be sure you note that the item was handled by the GSP (if from the UK) or eBay International Shipping (if from the US):

https://pages.ebay.ca/ua/en-us/coverage/index.html

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Global shipping program

BTW- if the seller (or any one along the line) claims they cannot provide a shipping label from Canada to the USA, they are wrong.

Not only can they buy one from Shippo (and Canadians can buy USPS labels there) but generally eBay will send the label and charge the seller.

Since this is a Not As Described claim, the seller remains involved.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply