HOW DOES SNAD DISPUTE WORK?

i want to file a SNAD claim against a seller. i bought a graphics card for my pc for 500$ and all i got was a box with a note saying " enjoy this sucker!" and a phone book dammit,

i filed a case with ebay and the seller refused to offer me a refund so im escalating to a claim:

-hows the process going to work?

-when i ship the item back to the seller, when is paypal going to credit my account ? 1. after i provide with a tracking number? or.. 2. after the seller confirms he got the item (which is complete bull**** because he's gunna lie about it)

can someone who has experience explain this to me?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

Have you explained that you were shipped a telephone directory?  There should be no reason to ship that back...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I'm not sure about eBay since their user agreement doesn't really have any clauses in this regard that I can see, but under PayPal :

13. Protection for Buyers.

13.1 Types of Problems Covered. PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) helps you if you encounter either of these problems:

1. You did not receive the item you paid for with PayPal – “Item Not Received” (INR), or

2. You received an item you paid for with PayPal but it is “Significantly Not as Described” (SNAD) (as described below)

If your problem is a transaction that you did not authorize, please use this form to report the unauthorized transaction.

An item is “Significantly Not as Described” if it is materially different from what the Seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

1. You received a completely different item. For example, you purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
  2. The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the description when you bought the item said “new” and the item was used.
  3. The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
  4. The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in its description when you bought the item.
  5. You purchased three items from a Seller but only received two.
  6. The item was damaged during shipment.

Under 13.2 Eligibility Requirements.

• Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment, then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under Dispute Resolution. For Pay After Delivery transactions you must open your Dispute within 45 Days of the date of your transaction.

Which may include :

13.4 Coverage Amount. If you are eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection and PayPal finds in your favor on your Claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs – with no cap on coverage.

PayPal will not reimburse you for the return shipping costs that you incur to return a Significantly Not As Described item to the Seller or other party specified by PayPal. If the Seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the Seller for an Item Not Received claim even if you did not receive the goods.

Under Section 13.5 Dispute Resolution. If you are unable to resolve a problem directly with a Seller, you can go to the Resolution Center and follow this process:

• Open a Dispute. Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you made the payment (or the date of the transaction if using Pay After Delivery) for the item you would like to dispute to negotiate with the Seller for resolution of the Dispute. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the Seller's Account until the Dispute is resolved or closed.
  • Escalate the Dispute to a Claim. If you and the Seller are unable to come to an agreement, you can escalate the Dispute to a Claimwithin 20 Days after opening the Dispute.

You must wait at least 7 Days from the date of payment to escalate a Dispute for an Item Not Received (INR), unless the Dispute is for the equivalent of $2,500 U.S. Dollars or more (or currency equivalent). If you do not escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 Days, PayPal will close the Dispute.
  • Respond to PayPal’s requests for information in a timely manner. During the Claim process, PayPal may require you to provide documentation to support your position. You may be asked to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports, or anything else that PayPal specifies.
  • Comply with PayPal’s shipping requests in a timely manner. For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you, at your expense, to ship the item back to the Seller, PayPal, or a third party and to provide proof of delivery.

However this does constitute as fraud and there may be another way to go at it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply