Help needed - Item returned to Seller but not refunded

Hi there, Appreciate if someone could shred a light. I purchased a smart watch (US$36.99) which was defective and cannot paired to Android or iPhone. Seller asked to have it returned and will pay me the postage (Cdn$13.45)., no tracking for the parcel since it costs another Cdn$50.00. Pics of the unit (shows faulty), receipt of the postage, the stamped parcel.... were emailed to the seller. Now that 5 weeks is passed seller not responding to any of my eBay messages. I lost US$36.99+Cdn$13.45. eBay won't entertain my claim and passed it on the PayPal but was also declined due : Buyer unable to provide tracking number of the returning unit' eBay refuses to intervene due the transaction was thru PayPal, and PayPal's 'Protection Paln' protects nothing. any ideas?..... thanks very much
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller asked to have it returned and will pay me the postage (Cdn$13.45)., no tracking for the parcel

Yup. Paypal insists that the sender (buyer or seller) provide Confirmation of Delivery (not actual tracking) before they will refund.

You have up to 60 days to leave appropriate feedback for the seller. The most effective FB is calm and factual. (Defective Returned xx/09 No refund given).

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction get Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. (No stars is a free pass.)

If a seller's ratings drop below 4.3, his ability to list and sell on eBay will be severely restricted. In addition, his fees for selling may rise.

Meanwhile, phone the 1-800 customer service number for the credit card you really paid with. (PP is just a mediator). Ask the clerk about a chargeback.

The clerk may also want proof of return, although not necessarily proof of delivery. But if you don't ask they can't say yes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller asked to have it returned and will pay me the postage (Cdn$13.45)., no tracking for the parcel

Yup. Paypal insists that the sender (buyer or seller) provide Confirmation of Delivery (not actual tracking) before they will refund.

You have up to 60 days to leave appropriate feedback for the seller. The most effective FB is calm and factual. (Defective Returned xx/09 No refund given).

At the same time you will be asked to leave Detailed Seller Ratings. A normal transaction get Five Stars. The lowest Rating is ONE Star. (No stars is a free pass.)

If a seller's ratings drop below 4.3, his ability to list and sell on eBay will be severely restricted. In addition, his fees for selling may rise.

Meanwhile, phone the 1-800 customer service number for the credit card you really paid with. (PP is just a mediator). Ask the clerk about a chargeback.

The clerk may also want proof of return, although not necessarily proof of delivery. But if you don't ask they can't say yes.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply