How long it takes to receive item after shipped from Global Shipping centre ?

tommer1409
Community Member

Hello guys,

I am just wondering what is your experience recently with GSP and how many days on average between when the item was shipped from Global Shipping centre and when you received the item. 

I live in Mississauga will that help to receive the item faster? 

This is my first time using GSP on Ebay and the item had the below timeline: 

1. Feb 16, 2022
    1:02pm
    Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
    Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501
  2. Feb 15, 2022
    3:48pm
    Customs Documentation and Labeling
  3. Feb 15, 2022
    2:20pm
    Processing at the Global Shipping Center
  4. Feb 13, 2022
    2:21am
    Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - DELIVERED PO BOX
    ERLANGER, KY 41025
  5. Feb 13, 2022
    1:06am
    In Transit - PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUT, 45235
  6. Feb 13, 2022
    1:05am
    In Transit - ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    CINCINNATI, OH 45235
  7. Feb 11, 2022
    8:49pm
    ROANOKE VA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 24022
  8. Feb 11, 2022
    8:38pm
    In Transit - DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
  9. Feb 11, 2022
    8:08pm
  10. Feb 11, 2022
    4:00pm
    LYNCHBURG, VA 24503
  11. Feb 11, 2022
    2:45pm
    In Transit - ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
    LYNCHBURG, VA 24502
  12. Feb 11, 2022
    7:38pm
    Tracking Details Uploaded

13. Feb 11, 2022
    2:40pm
    Tracking Details Uploaded - PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    LYNCHBURG, VA 24502
  14. Feb 11, 2022
    2:38pm
    Tracking Details Uploaded - SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    LYNCHBURG, VA 24502
  15. Feb 11, 2022
    2:38pm
    Tracking number provided
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: How long it takes to receive item after shipped from Global Shipping centre ?

Hello,

I live in Oakville so as an adjoining city I would think it should be fairly close to what I see for deliveries.

Once the package has left Kentucky it usually takes 2 - 3 days to arrive (at least to me here in Oakville).

I ordered something recently that was using Global Shipping and showed it left Kentucky on Feb. 14th and I received it tonight Feb. 16th. (note they often deliver at night - up to 9 pm I believe.

You should first get an email from eBay "Your package is almost there", then you should get two from the final courier (usually Intelcom Express). My delivery today was Intelcom. They usually send an email message within three hours of expected delivery telling you it is out for delivery and then one telling you it has been delivered. (Which is why I checked my porch this evening!)

Being in Mississauga you might be quicker for Canada Post with the major distribution center there but for Intelcom or Apple Express you're probably similar time frame to me here in Oakville which my experience has shown 2 - 3 days. Don't spend too much time staring at the tracking! Wait for their delivery message!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: How long it takes to receive item after shipped from Global Shipping centre ?

What date did eBay give you as a window for delivery?

In my 30+ years in mail order, delivery anywhere in North America takes about 21 days. Often less, but allow three weeks.

The GSP hasn't changed that time much.

Don't watch the tracking.

Most shippers use spoke and hub delivery which is as efficient as it is counter-intuitive.

If your item is not delivered by the last day eBay gave you, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute and get a refund.

If the item arrives after that, the GSP doesn't care, and your seller was not penalized.  You keep the thing and the money.

If it arrives when you are not home, you can set up FlexDelivery with your local PO for pickup there. This new service is free.

The main reason for delay these days is the anti-vaxxed blocking border points.Even if they are not blocking Niagara, the overflow from Detroit/Windsor will be slowing things down.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

My brother (in Cambridge, west of you) had a parcel clear Global on the 16th -- his expectation this week is Friday or Monday depending on bad the weather gets (rain/freezing rain/snow are all in the forecast).

-;-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

When you look at that looooong list it seems frightening.

But if you actually read it.

The parcel left Virginia on  Friday the 11th and reached Cincinnati on Sunday the 13th.

Cincinnati is just across the rived from Erlanger KY .

An hour after arrival it was at the GSP plant.

On Tuesday the 15th it was precleared for Canadian customs.

And this afternoon (Wednesday the 16th) it left the plant for the Canadian border.

If this keeps up, and the border isn't shut down again by idiots, you probably will get it by Monday or Tuesday.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

When I ordered the estimated delivery is between Feb 21 and March 1. I just hope that I will be able to get the package before the very last day of estimate delivery. Oh well, I guess I just have to wait then. Thanks for the answer !

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Wow. That was actually really fast based on what I read about GSP delivery. Finger cross hopefully I get my package before the weekend 😄

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the response. That was also my expectation but I just hope I get it before the weekend. As someone who always gets stuff from Amazon Prime this is quite a new experience LOL. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply