How to report a seller?

qpxn7632
Community Member
Hi, I recently ordered something on eBay and has confirmed with the seller about the ads info before payment( C$ 3.13 for 8 pieces). I kept the email proof. But after i paid, the seller said that the advertised quantity was wrong (C$ 3.13 was for only one piece), and gave me refund. But I found that my credit card was deducted by c$3.25 and had refund for c$3.12. I wasted time and got nothing because of the seller's cheating ads but still needs to pay for that? I found it is very unfair. I tried to file a resolution but no way to input such case? I want to be clear about it because I may order larger quantities on eBay later, and the loss may be huge if such things happen again. Thank you for your consideration.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to report a seller?

Was the listing in Canadian or US dollars?

If the original listing was in US dollars you got caught by bank charges on foreign exchange.

The seller refunded exactly what you paid, but by the time it got to you, Paypal and the banking system  had taken a service charge.

Today the loonie is worth $0.753 US and the US dollar is worth $1.327 Cdn. This is the mid-market rate, actual bank rates will differ.

BTW.  Your seller probably got a Defect for cancelling your purchase, unless he prevaricated and said you agreed to the cancellation  (Buyer Request) or used Problem with Address.

Most sellers will just kick themselves, fill the order, take the loss, and move on. 

You are allowed to leave appropriate feedback.  "Refused to fill order Refunded" would explain the problem to future buyers.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks for reply. The problem is that I sent the seller a message before paying and he said the description says 8 pieces and let me read the description carefully. And then I paid, then he told me the price is for one piece..
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If the eBay Description says eight pieces, even if the seller made an error, he has to supply eight pieces.

If he does not , and you get only one piece, you can go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not As Described dispute.

The seller will be required to send you return shipping and to refund you in full.

If he does not, eBay will refund you and go after him for their money. There is other fallout for him.

If he refuses to ship, you can open a Dispute for Item Not Received.

If he cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

And if he only ships one, the Dispute can be changed to Not As Described.

All of which is a lot of work for a $3.00 item. 

And that is part of the scam.

Many of his customers will just get their money back when he refuses to ship-- as you did.

Many will not bother to Dispute when they recieve the short shipment -- not for $3.

It is even possible, that the seller has no inventory at all, and the entire offer is a scam. Again depending on his low prices to make scammed customers decide it's not worth fighting for less than the price of a large coffee.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I want to be clear about it because I may order larger quantities on eBay later,

It may be obvious, but don't buy from this seller. It will not get better.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply