How to track a returned item

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased an item 2 weeks ago on ebay.

Unfortunately the shipping address was still my former address.

I tried to get the seller to change the address but he was unaware of the  procedure which requires the order to be cancelled and reorder. The shipment took place to my old address and was refused, so I tried to get the local carrier to send the item to my new address but he wanted nothing to do with it. ebay eventually refunded me and the carrier resent the item to the seller, or so I was informed.

I actually don't want ebay's money, I want the item and I need it. This is a replacement part on a refrigerator and the refrigerator is an old model. Thus, this was the last part in inventory. 

How can I track the item to make sure it gets back to the seller, so I can reorder this part?

Any comments, tips or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Undeliverable items are not a great priority for any carrier, since they don't get paid for the return shipping.

Unless the seller is willing to notify you that he has the part back, you are out of luck.

It is also possible, since your carelessness in not updating your address has cost him time, money, and possibly the part, that he does not want to deal with you again.

Look elsewhere for the part.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Carelesness, thanks.

I guess it has nothing to do with prehistoric order system that does not step you thru checking your address and bureaucratic business processes.

Probably why I use ebay only every 4-5 years.

Thnaks again, this really helps. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Although I agree that the ebay system could use some improvements, your address is clearly displayed before you pay so that you do have a chance to change it then.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

As far as tracking the item, if it was 'returned to seller' by the recipient I would think that checking the same tracking number on the carrier's website should give you an idea of where the item is.  That's assuming they scan it of course.  AFAIK they won't put a new tracking number on it.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Amazon must have a "prehistoric order system" also, as their Cart "does not step you thru checking your address" with every purchase. It is random.
I ensure my account info is accurate, and find any extra steps inconvenient.
I review the order before submission.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Not what he wants to hear.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply