I didn't receive my full refund and my case was closed.

aikbay11
Community Member

bought some objects and did not receive them as supposed.

I mailed the seller which in return he asked for more time (5 days) to resolve the problem.

After 10 days the items were not delivered and not getting any response, I wrote the supplier and asked for a refund.

A few days later, instead of receiving the refund, I got a mail from eBay saying "We closed this request since there's been no activity for 21 business days."

without any information regarding the case.

Where is your intervention? What about the refund?

Very disappointing!

Keep safe keep healthy.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm sorry to read that this seller strung you along and you passed the time to get eBay involved... as you learned the hard way, you have 21 days to do that.

However, you can still try to open a case on PayPal. You have 180 days from the date of payment to open a case. And this time, don't wait for the seller's response. You already did that. Escalate immediately the dispute to a case to get PayPal involved.

If this does not work, did you pay by credit card through PayPal? If so, call your credit card issuer and explain the situation to them. They might be able to do something.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You have to pay close attention to the timeline ebay or PayPal give you when you open your case so you can escalate your claim and get ebay/PayPal involved if you don't hear from the seller in the minimum time ebay/PayPal gives them to respond.

Do as lady.stark says and open a case on PayPal

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As you have already discovered, NEVER give the seller "more time". Always file the INR claim on the very first day you can and get the refund. If your item(s) arrives later, you can always pay the seller again, or ....

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@arhirii2007 wrote:

As you have already discovered, NEVER give the seller "more time". Always file the INR claim on the very first day you can and get the refund. If your item(s) arrives later, you can always pay the seller again, or ....

As a seller AND buyer, I disagree with that statement. It depends a lot on the circumstances and where the item is coming from. However, it is important to read the small prints of each buyer protection and know exactly how much time you have. It's important to be patient, but not too patient. Woman Wink

Message 5 of 5
latest reply