I just got an award from eBay for three-year whatever

I'm only here because eBay gave me an email saying congratulations for three years probably signed up here… Well it's been the worst three years 70% of my transactions on eBay were scandalous. Mostly Chinese if not all. No surprise Chinese are everywhere selling everything.

Again today I got ripped off and a Chinese seller is playing email games, not only are they ripping me off there toying with me.

It's September 23 and eBay's help system virtually broken. And going through their webpages their click pages is pretty useless most people know this. Also when you're having a problem with the seller that is really a criminal that category doesn't exist. As a matter fact soon as you have problems with the seller there's not a category anywhere to be found to help you with it.

It's not smart shopping on a e-commerce system where criminals are protected because they can hide. What can you do? Absolutely nothing.

So I'm having trouble again what a surprise. My recommendation to anyone to try hard to avoid shopping on eBay or for that matter anything e-commerce because criminals have immunity and you can do anything.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I just got an award from eBay for three-year whatever

Is that you Donald?
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member
Sounds like you just keep repeating the same mistakes.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

You haven't offered enough information for anyone here to help you.

Covid-19 has cause a lot of problems with delayed shipments or lost shipments. I had items take up to 3 months to arrive from China. Some items never arrived but those sellers did refund promptly or other sellers were NARU and ebay/paypal refunded promptly.

Did you contact seller? Have you gone through the steps ebay or paypal to open a dispute?
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

EBay gives you a window for delivery.

If your purchase doesn't arrive by the time the window closes, you have 30 more days to open an Item Not Received Dispute.
If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you miss that 30 day deadline, you have 180 days from payment to open a Dispute on Paypal.

While both eBay and PP suggest contacting the seller, and it often helps, all you need to ask is "when was this shipped, what service was used, what is the tracking number?" but none of that is really useful because even the tracking number is a Seller Protection.
If it hasn't arrived, you will be refunded.

Apparently you have not found the Resolution Centre yet.

It's at the bottom of this page, and most eBay pages and there are also links on your Purchased Items list.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

SHOP LOCAL, DONALD, Shop Local, dear!

or

Stop buying from China!

Mamma Mia, here we go again...

You are all falling for the Saturday morning "RANT & DASH"

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Regardless of where you purchase anything from, after eBay's estimated delivery date has passed. contact the seller.

To compensate for possible delays. I typically wait an additional 7-10 days before doing so.

I never wait any more than 2 weeks past eBay's estimated delivery date.

2.jpg1.jpg

After that time, advise the seller that you want the transaction refunded in full.

There is no need for any ongoing back and forth messaging. and posturing.

Make your point and go dark.

The seller should reply, "Bla, Bla I'm sorry bla bla ", and issue a full refund right away.

Never accept a replacement.

If you are not refunded forthwith, open an "I haven't received it yet" case.
Go to the Resolution Centre and follow the directions.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

you sound sarcastic... Truthfully I didn't expect anyone to respond to my ranting I'm just going through another drawn out process with the Chinese person on eBay and felt like renting I guess. But your comment doesn't make any sense

Keep making the same mistake is why I get ripped off. You should be up to make all the mistakes you want and get stuff not criminal activity don't you think?

my mistake was just trust that's the mistake I made. There are categories on eBay that are super high risk like E cigarettes. I searched long and hard to make sure the ad was perfect saying genuine it was a counterfeit that didn't even work. Is that my fault?

DJI camera drones another high risk category I felt Leary so I even contacted the seller in advance to make sure that his add was absolutely correct he said yes of course… Bonk another scan and the parts I bought had to go to the garbage.

I mean how can you say I keep making the same mistakes it just doesn't make any sense. I have a lot more stories and a lot more categories that are high risk but find them for yourself and come talk to me when you get ripped off.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

of course I open up a dispute and contact the seller first. Truthfully I'm an eBay expert. Today it's even worse it's a bit troublesome jumping through the click pages trying to navigate. They don't have a category sellers playing games and won't refund.

It's just a bother having to do it. But thank you for your comment it was nice and reasonable

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

of course I found the resolution center…

I will admit a lot of the things I purchased come into the high risk category but I never knew that when I was ordering. I trust people flat out trust people and you cannot do that. Example of high risk categories, E cigarettes, video cards, electronics, DJI camera drones and the list goes on. You will get scammed.

My Chinese scam that's going on now is one of the sellers is playing email tag with me. They won't return my money and keep asking me if I would like it back. It's on its seventh tag back and forth I give up.

I've had some good things from eBay but I didn't know there's dangerous categories. Chinese people really are different they have a lust for money and how to get it any way they can more than you can possibly know. But thanks for your comment

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

brettjet38.......what is your thing with Donald are you okay? You don't really deserve a reply

But you're right shopping with Chinese is sketchy. By now you can see my other comments so I just gave you a small lesson on high risk categories go try them out and get back to me
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

mcrlmn  thank you your comment was intelligent it was great. But I do all those things.

The mistake I do make is I respond to their emails when they start delaying playing games. You're right make your point and go dark that was really really nice of you to say that

Thank you

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

this is my last message and I want to thank the nice people that really stood up and said some great things. I'm very experienced now on eBay I understand now there's high risk categories because of low-quality counterfeits. If you're buying a book it's a book but if you're buying electronics good luck. Or if you're buying something sophisticated that has to be nylon and they substituted with ABS plastic then your in trouble.

by the way I may have sounded sarcastic but I fell into a lot of these high risk categories with technical things and it's true I've been scammed so many times it would make your head swim.

If people don't understand that sellers have immunity hiding behind the Internet that's their problem they will probably learn sooner or later. E-commerce opens the door never before in history of people hiding behind the Internet Shield.

but thank you to all the good comments, I really didn't expect any some pretty cool people. Except of course whoever thinks I'm Donald...

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

There is no need for email tag.

One contact asking for the tracking number.

If the contact is ignored, there is no tracking, or the tracking shows the shipment has not reached Canada by the delivery deadline then

Go to the Resolution Centre an d open the Not Received Dispute, escalate as soon as possible and get a refund.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

An award? I've been on ebay for 23 years, never had a negative, and they're holding my payments, treating me like a criminal, letting day-old accounts that are clearly fake, bid on my stuff and making me pay for it! LOL. Is this what eBay really is? 75% of my auctions are fake and/or no-pay.  I wouldn't even complain but EBAY CHARGES ME FOR THE AUCTIONS ARE YOU SERIOUS LOL

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2020.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information may be out of date and no longer relevant.

@cheapojoes You seem to be having a problem with Auctions?

Post a detailed account of your problem in a new thread and you may get some useful advice.

Are you using tracking?

Message 16 of 16
latest reply