I tried to contact the seller of an item that I did not receive.

Hello,

I know that because of Covid-19, there has been a lot of delayed shipments. I recently did look at my purchase history and I noticed one book that was supposed to arrive on January 19th. However, I have not received it.

I looked at the delivery and it says that it was still in transition. There was no update on this item about the change in the date due to Covid-19.

I did personally email the seller, but I never got a response back. So I did report the item as "I didn't receive it", hoping to get the seller's response.

My question would be what do I do if the seller doesn't respond to my second email? How do I report this person to eBay? And shouldn't the seller also be aware that there is a pandemic going on and that the item might be delayed because of it?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I tried to contact the seller of an item that I did not receive.

If the seller is not responding don't bother with him again.

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have 30 days from January 19th (that is Feb 18th) to do this.

There may be a delay of 24 hours when you open the Dispute. (That's a COVID easement for the seller.)

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. Don't bother, you've done that.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement, it will not arrive either.

You are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection program and by the chargeback provisions of the credit card you back your PP account with.  If you have trouble with eBay (unlikely) come back here for advice on how to use those.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: I tried to contact the seller of an item that I did not receive.

If the seller doesn't respond to the item not received claim, you can ask ebay to step in and make a decision. When you opened the claim  did they give you a date as to when you could ask them to step in?

I'm sure that the seller does know that some items are being delayed but they can't update the tracking or the delivery date...the carrier has to do that.  eBay, not the seller sets  the original delivery date which is really an estimate, not a guarantee.   However, they should have answered you when you sent a message, it's bad business to ignore a buyer.  Was the item being sent from Canada? If it was sent from the US is the seller using the global shipping system, ebay international standard delivery or sending the item direct to you via USPS?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply