Is anyone having trouble with shipments from China to Canada?

hraithamar
Community Member

I used to buy from China and Hong Kong (to Canada) a lot, the mail was actually faster than from the US. Now I have not received a single parcel I ordered from China since May. I don't think it's a problem with my sellers, I always got good service from those sellers before. I'm wondering if something went wrong with the mail service somewhere between China and Canada.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Same problem? Theories? Actual facts?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Is anyone having trouble with shipments from China to Canada?

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@travelled1 wrote:

I don't think it is a matter of slow shipping. It is a matter of the item not being shipped at all and the seller hoping the buyer never remembers or complains about a low dollar item they ordered. In the end, these sellers end up with free money.

If it is a matter of slow shipping, I would have received the item I ordered January 1st and it is now May 4th. I got a refund for that order.

I am now waiting for a shipment from another seller for the same item and it have been over 45 days. I highly doubt it will ever appear in my mailbox.

ebay should clamp down on these fraudulent practices and shut these sellers down or fine them heavily (place a hold on their accounts).

You are only covered by the eBay MBG for up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date so you may want to open a claim very soon.

It took 52 days for the item to arrive. The listing states an estimated 12 to 23 days. It would be best if the seller revises his shipping estimates. Also, I think this was air-shipped recently because the packaging shows 4PX Worldwide Express.

You certainly do not want to order anything from China if you need it sometime this century.

By the way, the package lists a Singapore address and Singapore Post and AIR MAIL on the label...yet this was bought in China????

Message 41 of 66
latest reply

It took 52 days for the item to arrive. The listing states an estimated 12 to 23 days. It would be best if the seller revises his shipping estimates.

52 days is a heck of a long time. If it was shipped by air perhaps the seller took a long time to mail it?

The seller enters a handling time....the amount the days that it will take them to put the item in the mail. eBay then states the estimated delivery time which isn't always accurate. The seller is not able to shorten or lengthen those estimates.

I've never ordered anything on ebay from China but based on other posts, it seems that the 'average' delivery time is around 30-35 days although there are definitely ones that take longer.

Message 42 of 66
latest reply

I would open a dispute in resolution center when 5 weeks passed and you haven't receive the item.
If seller give you refund then the dispute us closed.
If not,
Open a claim when nothing is resolved in dispute with the seller before expiry date they give you from Paypal.
Hopefully Paypal will rule in your favor and refund the money for your item if seller don't refund you.
Message 43 of 66
latest reply

And if too much time has passed and you can't open an eBay/PP dispute, go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just a useful mediator) and phone their 1-800 customer service number. Ask the clerk about a chargeback. Have your details handy to help her process your refund.

Message 44 of 66
latest reply

I have ordered a number of items from China, Taiwan or Hong Kong in the last year or two.  These were all smaller items and came with free surface mailing.  The vendor's ebay page always indicates anticipated shipping times, and usually has a deadline date by which if the item isn't received, the costs will be refunded, or a new shipment will be offered. 

My experience, on the west coast of Canada, is that the items rarely arrive within the published delivery schedule.  I usually give the vendor extra time, but inform them the items have yet to arrive.  When I get close to the cut off for Paypal (which I use as may payment system) resolution, I file a resolution complaint, which gives me some additional weeks to activate it.

Usually, before the deadline to trigger the resolution complaint with Paypal, the items show up.  Typically, that is about 60 days from shipment date.  I just expect that type of delay now.  I have had a few items show up at 70 days, and been given an automatic refund on them, as the vendor's ebay page states.

I suspect the problems are a mixture of massive numbers of these parcels being shipped from China, causing delays in the shipping, which is probably by container ship, and then further delays with Canada Customs (even though these items are not taxable due to being under the threshold value).

If you do not have a time machine (I'm sure they are available on ebay somewhere ;-)) so you can order the item before you think of wanting it, I suggest you plan on not receiving the item(s) before 2 months, and if you can't live with that, order from a more local source. Occasionally, you might be "rewarded" for your patience by getting the item for free under the delivery warranty of the vendor.

Message 45 of 66
latest reply

Hello fellow eBayers,

Just received two items in my mailbox on March 8, 2016.

Both items (under $ 5.00CDN) from Hong Kong.

Purchased first item on January 22, 2016

Purchased second item on February 23, 2016.

Both arrived and wrapped together in a rubber band from Canada Post.

What connect the dots?

va3uzi

Message 46 of 66
latest reply

Also, I think this was air-shipped recently because the packaging shows 4PX Worldwide Express.

It could be shipped Panda Express and it would not travel any faster.

It's a name.

And as the White Knight tells Alice

• The song's name is called Haddocks' Eyes
  • The song's name is The Aged Aged Man
  • The song is called Ways and Means
  • The song is A-sitting on a Gate

And, yes, I know Panda Express is a restaurant chain.

Both arrived and wrapped together in a rubber band from Canada Post. What connect the dots?

The rubber band was added by Canada Post, probably by your carrier.

Between your first purchase and your second was the Lunar New Year, when 500,000, 000 Chinese go home to visit their children. Commerce stops.

The rest is probably just coincidence.

Message 47 of 66
latest reply

I recently had two international small packages go missing, they have been MIA for almost 3 months now. The sellers have excellent FB so I'm sure they did their part. One was from China, the other from Thailand. Rarely does a package go missing so this has been a curiosity, for sure.
Message 48 of 66
latest reply

<<I recently had two international small packages go missing. . . for almost 3 months now. The sellers have

excellent FB so I'm sure they did their part. One was from China, the other from Thailand. Rarely does a package

go missing so this has been a curiosity, for sure.>>  

Three months is definitely long enough to wait (although on occasion some Surface parcels can actually take

that long).  It is likely to late for an ebay claim (up to 30 days after the last date of delivery😞

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#notreceived

but you still have time for a paypal claim (180 days after you paid😞

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#13

I'll assume you know all that and have initiated a refund, but I always think links are handy and it takes no effort 

to repost them. Smiley Happy  

One thing is sure, -- mail order can be astonishingly slow at times and it would go a long way to reducing false claims 

by encouraging people to wait for things to arrive.  Three months is more than enough time, haha, waaay more, so if you

have not already done so, start now to get you money back.  

And if the items ever do arrive, you can tell the seller all about it when you offer to repay for the goods. 

Message 49 of 66
latest reply

bcwet
Community Member

I ordered a couple of items it's been over 2 month neither came. Last time I ordered from China was a few years ago it would come within a month..not anymore?

Message 50 of 66
latest reply

What makes you think the seller even sent them?

At any rate.

EBay covers you against Items Not Received for 30 days after the last estimated date of arrival.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Don't get hung up on the 'contact seller' , at this point assume you were scammed and escalate to a Claim.

If you are past the eBay deadline, go to the Paypal Resolution Centre.

That is hidden under Tools at the top of your account page.

And then the system is pretty much the same.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded. If the seller does not refund, PP /eBay will and go after him for the money.

And never never allow a seller to offer you a 'replacement'. It won't arrive either and you will be pushed past the deadline.

Message 51 of 66
latest reply

Ask your seller for an updates tracking number, it's common practise for them to use a dummy number so they comply with shipping requirements. I bought $200 worth of items Feb 28, and although they posted a tracking number, it was bogus. Once I e-mailed and wanted the updated tracking, it showed the package wasn't even delivered to the postal facility until late march (like the 30/31) Now, this could just be another "fake" tracking as although it shows a destination of Vancouver, Canada, this may not be my package. 

If items don't show by the 14 of April (which is eBay's estimate) then I will have eBay step in. If the items arrive then I'll send payment/cancel case depending on what option is best.

Message 52 of 66
latest reply

Am really getting fed up with not receiving items that I purchased...In the past 3 months, I made numerous purchases from various Asian vendors and the items that were actually shipped and received is less that 25%...been provided with numerous fake tracking numbers...

and one "special jerk vendor" emailed me a virus after I escalated the claim....The subject of email, claimed to be pic for proof of tracking...nope...VIRUS...so word the wise...paypal provides vendors with purchasers email...do NOT open any attachments they may send you, only use the ebay message system.

I have also rec'd messages from vendors unhappy with negative feedback...they try to manipulate into changing your feedback, with the promise of a prompt refund after you have changed the feedback....don't fall for this tactic...it's just a ploy so they keep a higher rating...and you will still have to escalate the transaction for a refund in Paypal....

Leave them negative feed back, and DO NOT change it...this is to help new customers decide if vendor is worth doing business with.

Message 53 of 66
latest reply

Please don't blame or require a refund from the Chinese sellers.  I stopped doing this myself because it will hurts the commerce when the sellers will realize the Canadians have more and more complaints about slow shipping and even about 'lost' packages.

The reason why packages take over 2 months to arrive, it's because of the Canada Border (CBSA) agency.  They block the packets for weeks for inspection and I wonder if they tape back small packages or if they simply threw them to the garbage. 

You can complain at   http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Message 54 of 66
latest reply

@oragex wrote:

Please don't blame or require a refund from the Chinese sellers.  I stopped doing this myself because it will hurts the commerce when the sellers will realize the Canadians have more and more complaints about slow shipping and even about 'lost' packages.

The reason why packages take over 2 months to arrive, it's because of the Canada Border (CBSA) agency.  They block the packets for weeks for inspection and I wonder if they tape back small packages or if they simply threw them to the garbage. 

You can complain at   http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/feedback-retroaction-eng.html

Don't blame CBSA or even Canada Post.

There are many items from China for which we pay as low as .99 shipped. How much of that revenue do you suppose goes to CBSA or CP? These cheap packages are not bar code readable, are not standardized boxes and have tiny print labels. It is the UN international postal agreement that need revising and I'm sure China is not interested in that.

Message 55 of 66
latest reply

I ordered 12 items, some from the same seller, few months ago from China. Only received 3 items, same seller. Not sure what going on but I never had issues with China to Canada shipping before. I am concerned about one seller who seems to have taken all their items off, invalid tracking #, and no replies either. I can't even look at that purchase and it hasn't been 90 days. Most expensive item too! I hope it wasn't a fly by night seller...
Message 56 of 66
latest reply

Just found out that the seller has been suspended! Will I still be able to get money back? It was 15.50$usd
Message 57 of 66
latest reply

If you payed by paypal contact them for a refund and explain what happened. Or contact ebay regarding the suspension and that you did not get your order. Just a couple of suggestions.

Message 58 of 66
latest reply

@stella19540_0 wrote:
I ordered 12 items, some from the same seller, few months ago from China. Only received 3 items, same seller. Not sure what going on but I never had issues with China to Canada shipping before. I am concerned about one seller who seems to have taken all their items off, invalid tracking #, and no replies either. I can't even look at that purchase and it hasn't been 90 days. Most expensive item too! I hope it wasn't a fly by night seller...

A few months ago?  It may be too late for an eBay claim.  That depends on the last estimated arrival date (eBay only covers you for 30 days after this last date).  You can find out if you can still open a claim by going here:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

When you are offered a choice between a replacement item and a refund, always ask for the refund.  You can rebuy the item later when you have your money back.  

If you are past the eBay claim deadline, go to your PayPal account and use their RESOLUTION CENTER.  You have 180 days from when you paid so it sounds like this will still work.  

Say in the claim that the seller is Not A Registered User and that will speed things up.  

Message 59 of 66
latest reply

I have stopped buying from China. My last 3 orders all from different sellers never arrived, I ask for a refund from the 1st item not received but have decided to bite the bullet on the other two (only a few $) as I do not believe this was the sellers issue.

Message 60 of 66
latest reply