Is eBay still planning to end offering PayPal as a payment method after July?

I remember seeing articles a few years back that eBay and PayPal agreed to keep offering it as a payment method through July 2023; I guess I was just curious if anything has changed since then or if it really will be gone after July

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers  have not been able to use their Paypal accounts to accept and process payments for nearly two years.

Buyers are still able to use Paypal to further anonymize their financial situation but the processing goes through eBay's inhouse Managed Payments service.
Just as previously Paypal was eBay's inhouse service and before that BillPoint.

Managed Payments also accepts direct credit card payment and payment through GooglePay and ApplePay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I do remember articles about eBay not using PP after a certain date but I always thought that was from  a sellers point of view.  I haven't heard anything about them stopping buyers from using it. I can't imagine that happening as it could be a big problem for some buyers and wouldn't benefit anyone.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
This is an example of the type of article @nhcanada09 is referring to, @pjcdn2005:

https://www.pymnts.com/news/payment-methods/2018/ebayebay-offer-paypal-payment-button-through-july-2...

The way it’s written suggests to me that there’s the possibility of the agreement being renewed or renegotiated before it expires in July.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If paypal isnt a payment option anymore ebay would lose millions and millions. A lot of people use exclusively paypal to purchase online, including me. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I agree that it wouldn't make sense to end it from a buyer's perspective. Many buyers still feel safer using PayPal with their very extended protection policies. While eBay and PayPal are no longer officially joined I believe it is still a very amicable separation and everything would continue as it is now.

I always pay through PayPal here myself since it's so easy to add (or use) any credit card through them anyways. I know I would be upset if that choice was taken away. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply