Is hard for deaf and non-verbal patient without TTY phone contact ebay customer assistance billing

Is hard for deaf and non-verbal patient without TTY phone contact ebay customer assistance concerning billing dispute. Any sollution?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is hard for deaf and non-verbal patient without TTY phone contact ebay customer assistance billing

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@deafnessandhardhearing wrote:

Is hard for deaf and non-verbal patient without TTY phone contact ebay customer assistance concerning billing dispute. Any sollution?

Hi @deafnessandhardhearing - you can also use other social media channels like Twitter or Facebook. The teams there are able to assist, and while there is typically a delay in their response, they will make sure you get the answers you're looking for. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I agree. It is more difficult than I think it should be. If you search eBay Community past posts, you will find threads on this from the past where there are alternative suggestions for another method of contact. You’d need to be using a desktop browser to do the search, I can’t from a mobile device.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Wait, I can do that search from my mobile device. And I discover we’ve discussed this in the past.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Archive-1/How-to-do-that-for-deaf-user-with-no-TTY-phone/m-p/352709
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Hello,

Yes, it can be challenging if you aren't registered for TTY. I believe previously I had a customer service representative contact you directly via email. How did that work out?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Complained about this myself and they do not care. I think a disabilities access complaint may sharpen eBay up. When I complained the government made it out like I was the only one in Canada with this problem and basically find another way. I have to have someone else do it for me, how sad is that.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @deafnessandhardhearing - you can also use other social media channels like Twitter or Facebook. The teams there are able to assist, and while there is typically a delay in their response, they will make sure you get the answers you're looking for. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

ebay = very bad technical service especially for deafness and nonverbal people compared aliexpress or amazon.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I use only the internet, email, Facebook and Skype. Why need TTY phone and rent 20$ monthly phone line for enable use TTY phone in the year 2018?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I use only the internet, email, Facebook and Skype. Why need TTY phone and rent 20$ monthly phone line for enable use TTY phone in the year 2018?

Then as already suggested, talk to ebay on Facebook or Twitter.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

My youngest sister was deaf from birth, and a brittle diabetic, which ultimately caused her demise.

I saw firsthand all the communication issues she had her whole life. Sadly our family was told to use lipreading, rather than signing as the premier form of communication. It did not work very well, created a rift between us and frustrated the heck out of her.

I think of all the advances made recently, and know she would have been in her glory, as texting and typing would have made her able to fit into society and deal with the family way better. Yes TTY is still available, but phone lines are going the way of 8 tracks, and ebay not having a chat service is simply wrong.

I personally do not do facebook, twitter or any of the social sites, but since the OP has an account already with one, I would add my voice to those who suggest they contact ebay through that site. 

Over the years most sellers have been "fooled" by ebay, and had to pay listing fees when we never intended to, some have been removed, others not. Good luck with yours, I think you are going to need it. You could always say you'll pay half, and promise to never ask again.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I remember a deaf couple when I was in the woodstove/patio furniture business who used the TTY system.

Dear Lord in Heaven, it was slow and frustrating.

That was in the 80s/ early 90s.

There are so many better systems -- although I suppose there are still some older deaf people who are used to it.

I hated using it. Not the customers, they were okay, just the slllllloooooowwww system.

I wonder if eBay, which I imagine has a fairly large number of handicapped users of various and sundry sorts, could set up a specific channel for them?  The main necessity, from my limited experience, is customer reps with almost infinite patience.

It won't be a money earner.

It would be embarrassing/rude to publicize the program beyond the customer/seller base. (Matthew 6:3).

BTW, the percentage of annoying, entitled and pain it the patootie people who are handicapped is no lower or higher than in the general population.  Deal with it.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Finally ebay accept reimburse me. But conclusion, very hard to contact with ebay support technical for billing if you are deaf and nonverbal. Graceful facebook.com/ebay. Thank you facebook. That's why fcebook is so popular. Mark Zuckerbergh is multibiliionaire for help a lot company opportunity support technical. Pathetic!
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

"Thank you facebook. That's why fcebook is so popular. Mark Zuckerbergh is multibiliionaire for help a lot company opportunity support technical. Pathetic!"

Uh. Have you read the news lately? Facebook is not an altar at which to lay your offering. Your problem was solved by the people here who pointed you toward an option you agreed to use. Mark Z did not solve your problem, ebay Community did. You're welcome. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

"I wonder if eBay, which I imagine has a fairly large number of handicapped users of various and sundry sorts, could set up a specific channel for them?  The main necessity, from my limited experience, is customer reps with almost infinite patience.

It won't be a money earner.

It would be embarrassing/rude to publicize the program beyond the customer/seller base. (Matthew 6:3).

BTW, the percentage of annoying, entitled and pain it the patootie people who are handicapped is no lower or higher than in the general population.  Deal with it."

Praise be, sister! You are singing to the choir. I count myself among the handicapped of this world and anyone who knows me will agree it makes me no more or less annoying than I was before. I am equally as annoying now as I was then. 

I do agree there could be better ways for ebay to accommodate it. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply