Is there a problem with Canada Post Mississauga for INCOMING PACKAGES to Canada? Delays?

I have a package coming from the UK and another from the US.  Both should be here by now but neither has had a tracking update in weeks.....status of both on CP website is 'waiting for item'. 

I know there was a Covid outbreak at the end of April at the Toronto Exchange Office which processes incoming packages into Canada.  However i received 2 packages in May from overseas very promptly, so this sudden slow down seems strange.  I don't believe the problem is with the UK and US shippers being slow to deliver the package to Canada, as that's too big of a conincidence and both are very reliable.   So it seems to me the problem is with Canada Post being very slow to process packages that have landed in Canada.  This is not a Customs delay, as the tracking would indicate the package has arrived and been sent for further processing.

I've looked on the CP website and have found no alerts about slow package processing for inbound packages.

Anyone know?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is there a problem with Canada Post Mississauga for INCOMING PACKAGES to Canada? Delays?

Both should be here by now

Do you mean the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you has passed?

Many buyers underestimate how long shipping takes. In my 30+ years of mail order selling, it averages about 20 days for delivery to or from anywhere in the USA and Canada.

Have you asked at the Post Office counter (not a postal outlet) if they can see anything more about the location of the shipment? Can they, from the counter, start an enquiry.

Note that this is in the post office itself, and in person, not online nor by phone. Face to face.

Since the seller is responsible for choosing the shipping service, she is also responsible for delivery. (To be clear, the service is responsible to her and she is responsible to the buyer.)

Open an Item Not Received (INR) dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page. If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not just shipping,delivery) you will be refunded.

And of course, if you open the INR under the provisions of Murphy's Law, the shipment will suddenly start moving again.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When you look at the tracking numbers on the USPS and UK Royal Mail site, what is the status of the shipments?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

status for both shipments is that they have left their respective countries long ago (about 3 weeks ago each).  I feel that somthing must be up with Canada Post in Mississauga but can't find any concrete information about delays of incoming packages to Canada.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What is the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you?

It's usually a mistake to watch the sausage being made watch tracking too closely.

Most "tracking" is actually the cheaper Confirmation of Delivery. The postal system notes acceptance and delivery but anything in between is an accident.

Between COVID slowdowns, hand offs from one system to the next, spoke and hub delivery, reduced number of flights*, and buyers not realizing that 'snail mail' is often slower than we think, watching tracking can be nerve wracking.
Mark the last estimated date on your calendar. It may arrive earlier.

*Most passenger flights carry mail and other shipping. Whether the passengers subsidize the cargo or the cargo subsidizes the passengers  is moot. DD was the sole passenger on a one hour flight last month, but she noticed there was a lot of activity loading stuff onto the plane.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply