Item delivered but not received

caromch_50
Community Member
Hello All,

I bought a item from the UK that was sent by International Priority shipping.It was apprently delivered on Jan 3rd to Canada even though i didnt revieve it.I called by local post office to see was it there and unfortunately it is not.Tried by neighbours just in case it was left there too.As there is no tracking number with the information for canada post with my tracking of the item on ebay,how can I try locate where it is?Or how can Canada post even locate where it is?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

marnotom!
Community Member

"International Priority Shipping" is the term used by the Global Shipping Program to describe the network of carriers, freight forwarders and logistics companies Pitney Bowes subcontracts in the Program's operations.  It's pretty meaningless otherwise.  It's just a coded heads-up that your item wasn't sent directly to you by the seller.  The seller sent it to a sorting hub somewhere in the UK to be forwarded to Canada from there.

First of all, make sure the "delivery" being referred to is actually to Canada and not to the forwarding centre in the UK.  If you have the "UPA..." tracking code, you should be able to find out more about where your item has been on this site:

https://tracking.pb.com/

The last time I used this site, after I entered the "UPA" tracking code, I was taken to a page with a "progress meter" for the item's journey.  Just below (I think) that meter was a link I could click to track the item "on the carrier's website".  From there, I was taken to the Canada Post website and the item's Canada Post tracking code was there for me to use.

Here's hoping that your item is easily trackable this way and with a carrier that's easy to deal with.  There have been a few recent reports of carriers other than Canada Post being employed for the Canadian leg of Global Shipping Program-forwarded items and those carriers are exercises in frustration to deal with in the event of a problem.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If this item shipped though the GSP, not a fan of that system, than it is likely you are seeing a delivered to GSP hub notification. The stuff sent though GSP actually ships twice which is why it is super expensive and very slow. I try to avoid most things that will ship via GSP. These packages are basically shipped by seller to Ebay hub. That is the first shipping. Than the package is processed again and sent to it's destination. Keep an eye on the tracking and if it doesn't arrive by deadline just file an item not received claim. Good luck, hope your item arrives for you.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The stuff sent though GSP actually ships twice which is why it is super expensive and very slow.

I disagree with both points.

GSP is "super expensive" because it includes Canadian duty and sales taxes, even on items between $20Cdn and $100Cdn which are usually ignored by CBSA and Canada Post, but which cannot legally be ignored by couriers like GSP/Pitney Bowes.

The "very slow" is also inaccurate. In over 35 years in mail order, I have accepted that it takes about 20 days for an item to be delivered to or from Canada from any where in North America.

The "hub and spoke" delivery system that GSP uses, is the same one that Canada Post and USPS use.  A central terminal from which all incoming shipments are processed and then sent out along with all the other shipments going in that direction.

For example, if I were to mail my property taxes to city hall, from here in Victoria BC, the cheque would be taken by ferry to Richmond BC, added to all the mail coming from all over the world  and returned by ferry to Vancouver Island.  Or I could walk seven blocks and drop it off with Lydia at the counter in City Hall.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I order items from the UK on a regular basis. I find it usually takes ~2-3 weeks to arrive here in Ontario. However this past holiday season things seemed to slow to a crawl . I have just received items I purchased the second week of December.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply