Item hasn't arrived in a month, seller lied about Item location

I purchased an item back in late March that was listed as being Mississauga, Canada. As I live close by I thought, great I should receive this quickly. The item was listed as "shipped" about a day later but then 2 weeks went by with no other activity or "in transit".  The tracking number wasn't even in Canada Post system. As I later discovered the seller was actually in China, not Canada at all. I figure the item probably was shipped, but from China. I spoke with the seller a number of times and was just told to be patient etc.. It's well past the delivery estimate now, which ended Apr 18.  About a week ago it did finally show as in transit in Canada but hasn't budged from that one city. Do I keep waiting or can I actually get a refund? I messaged the seller and he just said "item is in transit". 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Item hasn't arrived in a month, seller lied about Item location

@filipk467 wrote:

... It's well past the delivery estimate now, which ended Apr 18.  About a week ago it did finally show as in transit in Canada but hasn't budged from that one city. Do I keep waiting or can I actually get a refund?

You have 30 days after the estimated arrival date to file a claim of item not received (May 17).

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

Is the tracking number a Canada Post number?

Then I'd wait one more week before opening a case. Canada Post is dealing with December holiday levels of parcels and covid-19 restrictions, so is extra slow delivering, especially in the GTA.  The Mississauga parcel sorting plant is running 3-5 days behind normal.

-..-

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes it's a Canada Post number.  It's showing at as being in transit in Mississauga. The number only started showing up in their system about a week ago.  I guess I can continue to wait for a little bit more. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

following because I have the same issue currently. at least the seller reached out to me first. but every item in the sellers store is listed as being located in Mississauga Canada. then in the message the seller says it is actually coming from a warehouse in the USA. but also adds its made in china and the sellers location is china. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Many Chinese merchants moved their products to US warehouses in response to complaints of slow shipping some years ago, before the Universal Postal Union discussions that raised Chinese international shipping rates.

They may change that after Trump's 25% tariff on Chinese made goods, which only affects shipments with a value over $800.

That being said, the seller was naive or sneaky using his own location instead of the (US) location of his product as he should have*.

If you can track the item on the Canada Post website, just hold tight.

While eBay only allows 30 days from their last estimated date for delivery to open a Dispute, you have 180 days from payment to Dispute with Paypal.

If there were no tracking number, now would be a good time to open an Item Not Received  dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page. Ignore the suggestion that you contact the seller, since you have already done that.

*You might want to advise the seller of this eBay rule. His error could earn him a Defect which is a Very Bad Thing for a seller.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply