Item not received case keeps getting put on hold

I bought an item on ebay November 8th 2021.

Item never arrived within estimated time.

I opened a Item not received case on February 9th 2022.

February 15th 2022 - Case was put on hold

February 25th 2022 - Case was put on hold

March 7th 2022 - Case was put on hold

March 17th 2022 - Case was put on hold

I had phoned ebay and was told that March 17th would be the last time this case would be put on hold and a resolution would be made. 

March 17th came and nothing, no new news regarding this INR case, case was again put on hold until March 27th!

I called ebay again and spoke to Charlene who said she had made a resolution regarding my case, she said it was in my favor and I would receive my PayPal refund within 24 - 72 hours as well as receive a confirmation email.

It has been almost 72 hours and I have not received a confirmation email regarding my refund.

I called again yesterday and again they said I will receive my refund within 24 - 72 hours with an email stating so.

I have never had an ebay case go on this long which is why I am posting this for any advice.

Hopefully my refund arrives as ebay has told me. 

This purchase was made 132 days ago! This is getting rediculous.

Is this how ebay is treating refund cases now? Any suggestions welcome.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

marnotom!
Community Member

If this is how eBay is treating refund cases now, you'd see a lot more posts like yours on this board.  Since we have no details of the sale itself, not even an item number, we can't really speculate as to what's causing the delay.

There's the possibility that the weekend has caused a delay with your refund.  I'd wait until Tuesday or Wednesday before seeing if this needed to be taken up again with eBay, but this time try the online chat option or social media contact options (see the "Stay Connected" link at the bottom of the page if you're using a desktop/laptop computer).

If you're connecting with eBay by phone, it's more than likely that you're getting contracted call centre employees rather than actual eBay staff fielding your issue.  My understanding is that the call centre employees can put you on someone else's "to do" list but can't do much of the actual work involved to fix your problem. 

The online chat/social media contacts are actual trained eBay employees who apparently can actually initiate and do fixes.  As well, you have what they said and what you said in "writing" so it's easier to refer back to and ensure that there's no misunderstandings.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hey,

I also thought maybe the weekend wasn't being counted towards the 72 hour limit, I actually asked the ebay employee on the phone if weekends are counted and she said they were.

I have been connecting with them over the phone regarding this issue as from the case details page there is no way for me to connect with them through the page. 

I will wait it out abit more, if the refund doesn't arrive as it should I will try the online chat options this time.

I agree with you, the "Agent's" on the phone are pollite but not very well spoken and i've caught them lieing regarding this situation. 

I actually may try connecting to ebay through the online chat/social media contacts today to get some more clarification on this, thats if they are open on Sunday.

Thanks!

oh and I didn't put any detail's about the item as I thought it wasn't really important but anyway the item I ordered was a USB Microscope.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you use Paypal , you also have 180 days from delivery or last estimated date for delivery to open a Not Received dispute on their website.
Look under Activities.

PP is your second line of defence.

If you paid by credit card, policies will differ, but often cover the same 180 days. Phone the 1-800 number and ask about a chargeback.

The card is your third line of defence.

EBay is not your last court of appeal.

BTW - if you "spoke " with Charlene, she is not an eBay employee but works for a subcontractor somewhere is Utah.

For employee with training and authority use the social media accounts.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/  -  Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hey reallynicestamps,

I was keeping an eye on how many days since the transaction to make sure it is within the 180 days I have to open a dispute with PayPal, hopefully Ebay comes through before PayPal needs to be considered.

I did chat with ebay today through the chat feature instead of a callback this time.  The person I chatted with had no idea about this case and said she would close it in my favor and send me my refund within 24 to 48 hours.

You mentioned to use the Facebook or Twitter so maybe I will do that aswell today.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

If you’ve been in touch with eBay via Chat, I don’t see there being any point in pursuing communication through Facebook or Twitter before you’re scheduled to receive a refund.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

My refund finally came through, what a relief.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Yayz. 🥳
Message 8 of 8
latest reply