Item send back to sender for wrong address, and eBay wont refund

tk594379
Community Member
To make story short, i did a purchase from a US seller through the GSP and never received the item. In shipping detail page it says delivered but when I click another tracking number start with a # in the same page, it redriect me to a USPS tracking page shows my item was send back to seller for incorrect address. I opened up a case but eBay replied me that I can not receive a refund since the item was "delivered". I paid 80 dollars for a product I dont even receive. What can I do? Please help.
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Item send back to sender for wrong address, and eBay wont refund

@sylviebee wrote:

Yet, that's not what you've been posting on a regular basis here and in other threads and boards.

You've posted that sellers using the GSP have been paid and after that the GSP is responsible for refunds, tracking, and other issues which may arise. . .

. . . in the event that the GSP fails in its responsibility to delivery the item to the buyer.

Context is important.

Message 61 of 69
latest reply

You've posted that sellers using the GSP have been paid and after that the GSP is responsible for refunds, tracking, and other issues which may arise.

I think it has fairly often been made clear that the GSP is not responsible for seller fault problems which are basically Items Not As Described for whatever reason other than damage in transit. This divides responsibilty into two classes of claim. Seller fault and non-seller fault.

The GSP is solely responsible for loss and damage matters and wrong item delivery where this is a case of a mixup at the shipping hub.

For loss and damage the seller has no responibility or power to do anything. Even if the seller were to refund, they cannot refund PB's charges for transit and taxes.

The GSP buyer's recourse is actually rather better than with regular ebay sales, since there is no onus on the buyer to return damaged items and no obligation to repay money refunded for a late arriving item claimed as lost.

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

The whole story is not shown on the USPS tracking for the OP's item. Only Canada post tracking site shows details after it is in Canada, as follows:

2017/02/0302:44VILLE ST-LAURENT, QCInternational item being forwarded to destination country What is this  
2017/02/0218:54MONTREAL, QCItem processed  
2017/02/0211:04MONTREAL, QCItem being returned to sender. Incomplete address.  
2017/02/0211:03MONTREAL, QCDelivered to community mailbox or parcel locker  
2017/02/0210:52MONTREAL, QCItem out for delivery What is this  
2017/02/0209:26MONTREAL, QCItem processed What is this  
2017/02/0121:49MISSISSAUGA, ONItem processed  
2017/01/3119:00

MISSISSAUGA, ON

Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

So was it Canada post's fault or did PB put the wrong or incomplete address on it?

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

Direct line for PB eCommerce: 

844 256 6444

Did they leave out a unit or suite number? Do you share a postal code with another street? Something stinks here.

Example: R2N3V5 postal code. (go look it up on CP}

We lived on marinus pl with this postal code. Lambeth rd also shares this postal code so when a shipper entered the address starting with province and postal code the only street shown was the first one in alphabetical order. There is a dropdown menu for the second street on most shipping software. 99% of everybody shipping this way did not notice the dropdown and got it wrong, especially americans since the shipping software by default reverts to the first street alphabetically. Most of the time our parcels went to the wrong street but the right number because of this for the 9 years we lived there. We had to get a po box after someone new moved into the other house and refused to cooperate with the situation. We had to get items that would not ship to a PO sent to a friends place 20km away. It did not happen the other way because of the alphabetical order thing, they were first. Over 1000 calls to Canada post did not resolve it for 20 years. It is finally BS fixed now by making the one street change its addresses so both streets no longer have the same numbers. After we moved we were accused by the new owners of stealing their mail for years.

Each side of every block in Canada is supposed to have its own postal code, well not these 2 streets.

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Yes. That's the reason I advised that the buyer in this case needs to call Canada Post for elaboration before they call eBay. 

Message 65 of 69
latest reply

Because the buyer will need to demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt they supplied the full address to eBay and that whatever error occurred afterwards was not of their own creation. 

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
And I suggested that a call to a Pitney Bowes customer service rep would bring up the transaction details, including the address it used on the package. 😄
Message 67 of 69
latest reply

Wait a minute.

The item went out for delivery on Thursday.

The address was (possibly) incomplete (and this seems to have something to do with the Community Mailbox)

It was returned to the terminal (in VilleSt Laurent) on Friday.

Today is Sunday

It is possible that the shipment is still in the terminal.

I'd phone Canada Post first thing Monday morning with the tracking number in hand, and try to get a human being to resolve this.

If the nice ladies in New Brunswick can't help, I bet the postmaster at the terminal has a phone number in the Blue Pages of your telephone book.

Canada Post Corporation, Saint-Laurent, QC

555 RUE MCARTHUR
H4T 1T4 Saint-Laurent
Quebec'

Hmm no. You may have to go there.

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Wait a minute.

The item went out for delivery on Thursday.

The address was (possibly) incomplete (and this seems to have something to do with the Community Mailbox)

It was returned to the terminal (in VilleSt Laurent) on Friday.

Today is Sunday

It is possible that the shipment is still in the terminal.

Psst.  Femmefan.  That tracking information is from last month.  😞

Message 69 of 69
latest reply