Items Confiscated by the GSP

marnotom!
Community Member

Stumbled on this podcast on the .com site.  The Q&A section starting around 42:45 has an interesting story of an antique clothing item confiscated through the GSP.  Turns out the item specifics auto-fill process was the quirk that led to this happening:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business-Podcast/Episode-160-Part-3-Tracking-Your-Social-Camp...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@marnotom! wrote:

Stumbled on this podcast on the .com site.  The Q&A section starting around 42:45 has an interesting story of an antique clothing item confiscated through the GSP.  Turns out the item specifics auto-fill process was the quirk that led to this happening:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business-Podcast/Episode-160-Part-3-Tracking-Your-Social-Camp...

Thanks for sharing. Most interesting. Item specifics/Fox Company name causing the bots to go into convulsions. Similar to anything made by le Ivory Company or articals connected to Kuba(sp).

A number of years ago (15) I purchased a hand crafted Wolf Head Statue made in Arizona. Band unknown Sold by someone as part of their collection. Item was ceramic with soapstone/bird feathers(unknown)/fur(unknown) with no markings and hand painted. Fortunately before the insanity of GSP. As I recall i paid duty/taxes on pickup with CP. No inspection was done from my view. If that same item were to be shipped now, (A) in theory it could not  be listed without multiple creative hoops and (B) to be shipped for a number of customs applicable reasons. To date my most prized eBay purchase. (Currently nothing close to resembling it listed or sold.)

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

thetickletrunk
Community Member

Hello Marnotom, trying to get in touch with Pierre who sold coins?  but forget his username.  Hope all is well

----------------------
Have a nice day! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Are you thinking of @pierrelebel who used to sell stamps before his health forced him to retire?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply