Items shipping from Canada but the Seller other items from China...

I like to buy multiple (small electronic) items at a time and my preference from Canada, then North America then International. After a search for an item ship from Canada, I click on 'See Seller Other Items' so I can search more stuff from the same Seller. Low and behold...Seller is in China...What's  with this? What's going on here?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Items shipping from Canada but the Seller other items from China...

There are possibilities.

• The item is made in China. The seller is in China. But the item is warehoused in North America, usually the USA.
  • The item will be shipped from China and the seller is lying.
  • This item will be shipped from North America, but most of the seller's items are shipped from China.

Think about why you want the item to be shipped from North America.

Quick delivery?  China Post offers Chinese sellers an e-packet service which is very cheap and very fast.

• Look at the delivery period.  It should be 30 days or less.  If it is longer, don't buy.

Quality goods?  There are many good products made in China, usually Western brand names. Off brand items vary in quality, but I'm sure you understand that.

Supporting North American sellers? As a North American seller I thank you. But keep in mind that wherever the seller is, the place of manufacture is very likely to be a low labour cost country.

Warranty problems?  Wherever the item is manufactured, disputed items are returned to the seller, not the maker, and it is expensive to ship internationally with tracking-- including to the USA.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply