Leaving a neutral feedback.

fh9fh
Community Member

I currently brought a flashlight (HOT SELL ONE)~ about a month ago and I left a neutral feedback and give some stars

to the seller. About a week ago the seller send me message because I had left a bad feedback to them. I email back

few times to explain the incidences and it is not a bad feedback, such as they sell lower price after I bid,  a normal

shipping time,  import taxes and other sellers selling same product as the same price ( Some even higher model ), 

What I get back the message is " WHAT YOUR PROBLEMS? "  At  end they sent  back the last message " It OK! "

I thought it will be end, Just about today, they sent another email again saying I left a bad feedback as the first one I had. How should I contact ebay to discuss this case. I feel like being threat if I don't give them a positive feedback.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Leaving a neutral feedback.

You recently joined eBay.

The first four feedback you posted last week, four different sellers, were all neutral, despite positive comments.

"very quick !"

"too quick !"

"Don't expect such a quick ?"

"very good !"

To be honest I have never seen that.  Do you understand how feedback works? Do you know that leaving neutral feedback actually negatively affects each seller?

Why would you not leave positive feedback?  Was there anything wrong with each transaction (neutral = something wrong)?

To learn more about feedback:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/feedback/allaboutfeedback.html

Unless something is wrong with a transaction, a Buyer should leave positive feedback with five stars or ignore feedback.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

arlene_v
Community Member

All costs are stated upfront before you bid or buy so I am not sure what relevance pricing is after you have bid and if other sellers sell the same product for more or less. This is your problem, not the sellers problem. Ditto with import taxes and shipping times, unless the seller waits for days before actually getting it into the mail, the shipping time is largely out of their control.

You obviously have no idea the impact of a neutral and bad stars on most sellers on this site, and it really is a shame. because feedback of the type you are leaving, incoherent and quite illogical, is a pretty bad thing for sellers. That's why they get "testy". 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Dear pierrelebel:

Thanks You for your advise! It was just a bit of fed up of me, I will

immeditately email to seller and express my deepest regrets!!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Dear ARLENE:

Yeh, you are right. I guess it won't have any problem. Afterall, I send the message already. By the way,

do you have something I can squeeze?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

IMO, ebay should have Positive or Negative feedback. Neutral makes no sense.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Is there anything you are not confused about?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

"Neutral makes no sense."

I think there are times when neutral is valid. Example... win a bid, or BIN on item. A day or two later message arrives that item was out of stock. With no more stock arriving, a refund was awarded. I did not get my item, but did not lose any money. However, I would certainly not rate this as a "Positive" experience.  So I would give neutral feedback. I feel sellers should keep a better track of their inventory.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I love this. Makes it so easy.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply