Left negative feedback to wrong seller

Hello all,

I left a negative feedback to the wrong seller.  Tried to contact eBay to have it removed but it seems that you can never speak to a real person, only to an automated machine. Even through Twitter they seem to ignore you.

To what I could understand from the site help pages, I have to ask the seller to send me a request revision form.  That is was I did.  But the seller is telling me that this does not exist anymore?  If that is actually the case, eBay has a big job of revising his help pages.

I am also trying to write a follow up to my feedback, tried 5 times, but it does not work.  The follow up never shows up.

I find that eBay is such a pain to use.  Leave product reviews (the few times it's available), they never show, etc, etc. Much prefer the competition.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the short run, you can scroll down to the Follow Up to Feedback Left link at the bottom of your feedback page and leave a Response.

"Wrong seller Everything was perfect My apologies."

Which will stand out more on the page than mere removal of the Feedback.

And on Monday during business hours call Help and Contact and speak with a clerk. You will be given a PIN number and it may take a little time.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

In the short run, you can scroll down to the Follow Up to Feedback Left link at the bottom of your feedback page and leave a Response.

"Wrong seller Everything was perfect My apologies."

Which will stand out more on the page than mere removal of the Feedback.

And on Monday during business hours call Help and Contact and speak with a clerk. You will be given a PIN number and it may take a little time.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'm sure that feedback revision requests still exist.

If the seller is in Canada, they should be able send one from a link on this page:

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/feedback/revision-request.html

If they are in the US they should be able to send a request from this page:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/leaving-feedback-buyers/replying-feedback-received-item-sold?id=41...

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The seller is in China so I do not know if they have different eBay rules over there.

According to an eBay rep that I could finally reach on twitter, they should also have that form.

Anyway, I could finally left a follow up feedback explaining my mistake.  I needed to use the Microsoft Edge for Windows browser since it would not work with the Opera browser that I am using.

Thank you both for your help.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Generally speaking, it is the seller who requests a Feedback Revision of the buyer. Send a message to your seller, explain the problem, and ask they do that. When they do, follow the link.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, that it what I did. Told him he must send me a feedback revision form. He said that this form does not exist anymore... There is nothing more that I can do on my side.

I find it strange that I can not initiate the process myself for negative or neutral feedbacks since I am the one who left it.

Anyway, the ball is in their hands now.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

If the seller is somehow unable to send you a Revision Request, it's because he has used all his chances to do so already this year. Then you will have to call Customer Service. Or he can. Feedback Removals may also be done manually under certain circumstances by Customer Service Reps but it doesn't sound as if this particular seller is worried about doing that for whatever reason. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Seller finally sent the feedback revision form.  I revised the feedback left by mistake from negative to positive.  However, this is not flexible and was not what I was looking for.  I wanted to completely remove the wrong feedback.  The reason being that I still did not receive the item from that particular seller.  Therefore, I had to leave a positive feedback for an item that I am still waiting for over a month now.

I hope that this will not play against me should I need to file a claim for item not received.  I did not take a chance and indicated in my positive feedback that I corrected a feedback mistake but was still waiting for the item.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I actually think it is better if the revised negative review is visible, I for one always look for the first 20 negative feedbacks on a seller to gauge his/her shortcomings based on the most common complains.

Your positive feedback will get burried in hundereds of other posive FBs and no one will pay much attention to it, at least not as much as a revised negative.
Just my humble opinion.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@francoism999 

I wanted to completely remove the wrong feedback. The reason being that I still did not receive the item from that particular seller. Therefore, I had to leave a positive feedback for an item that I am still waiting for over a month now.

Ummm- when is the purchase due?

You have 30 days from the last estimated delivery date to open a Dispute and get a refund.

If you miss that deadline, you can still Dispute the purchase through Paypal for 180 days from payment.

In my experience, there is no good reason to wait more than 30 days for delivery from Asia, no matter what the seller may tell you.

Air Mail shipping takes a few days, just as it would from the USA or Germany.

There are over 100 flights weekly arriving in Vancouver from China, and more that arrive in Los Angeles and Seattle.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/vancouver-china-aviation-hub/index.html

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

The estimated delivery date is anywhere between March 1 - April 18.  The order was placed February 2nd.  It's crazy now, sellers from Asia can specify estimated delivery time of up to 70 days.  That is the maximum I have seen so far.  And we are talking working days here.  I do not understand how eBay can accept that since they only give 60 calendar days to leave feedbacks.

Anyway, I usually try to order from anywhere except Asia when I have the choice.  Mainly Canada or the US.  When I order from China, I try to use sellers which offer Standard or "Speedpak" (not too sure what that is) shipping instead of economy shipping.  Package usually comes in 2-3 weeks max.  Unfortunately, this is not always possible.  Many of the items that I am looking for (electronic) comes from Asia and is not available anywhere else.

But I am very patient and will usually wait up to 3-4 days before the feedback deadline before filing for item not received.  Well, when I contact the seller when I have that problem, they usually refund me since they really do not seem to like eBay dispute.  If I eventually receive the item (which I do most of the times but it may take up to 3 months) I refund them back.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary and does not have any impact on a seller's account.

While you have 30 days from that last estimated date to open an eBay Dispute, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute with Paypal much sooner.

You have 180 days from Payment to Dispute through Paypal.

This means you have  from April 18 until May 13 for an eBay Dispute, but from February 2 to July 2 for a Paypal Dispute.

The guys who are refunding you to avoid a Dispute never sent anything in the first place.

I am old and cynical.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Item number 193725572477

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply