Might have gotten packaged shipped to a bad place, need help fast.

dacamp1778
Community Member

Okay so I'm almost never at my house when a package is getting shipped to me so I always choose to get my packages shipped to post office on amazon so that I can pick them up later. Today I used ebay to buy something and put my shipping address as the post office address thinking that it would all be fine, now I realize though that (on google atleast) the post office I chose actually shares its address with like 3 other businesses that are cramped right next to it. I'm not so confident that the package will actually go into the post office instead of the 3 other places, there's also the possibility that the courier wont know what to do and might just not deliver the package at all. On top of all of this I couldn't get a straight answer from google on whether or not ebay even lets packages go to post offices at all. I'm very confused and worried about what to do right now, and any help would be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Did you give a post office box address or are you talking about amazon's box pick-up service?

Is this something you bought through the Global Shipping Program?

Or something the Seller ships directly to you?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I used the post office's address and I am getting it from the Global Shipping Program.

To clarify a little bit I use amazon alot and on amazon it is very easy to get things delivered to a post office instead of your house, they have an entire system for selecting post offices near you. I thought that it would be the same on ebay and when it wasn't the same i just decided to use the address of the post office closest to me as my shipping address.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"The delivery address that you specify may not be a Post Office (P.O. Box), Army Post Office, or Fleet Post Office. eBay and Pitney Bowes shall have no liability and shall have, in their discretion and in any manner that they prefer, the right to dispose of or liquidate GSP Items that eBay or Pitney Bowes conclude are undeliverable..."

https://pages.ebay.ca/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html     -  section 11

Contact your Seller (hopefully they haven't mailed the purchase yet) and request a cancellation so you can rebuy with a non-post office box address.

That said, for some locations a post office box is okay, because Canada Post is used for delivery to some parts of Canada.

-;-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It is going to a canada post, does that make it fine? or should i just cancel right now

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Most GSP shipments do not use Canada Post, usually that only happens for some rural and remote areas where there are no other couriers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I live rural B.C. 99% of my packages GSP included go to the post office, you can follow on your tracking info. Maybe 1% are delivered to my home by courier. Of 600 packages one went astray to neighbour.
Mostly don't worry.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply