My order has been stuck on customs cleared for a few days and has not been transferd to another carr

bigbot232
Community Member

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My order has been stuck on customs cleared for a few days and has not been transferd to another carr

marnotom!
Community Member

Tracking only shows where an item has been, not where it is.  Your item may have been transferred to another carrier but the scan information may not have reached eBay (or wherever you're checking the tracking).

I'm seconding @reallynicestamps' post.  After being an obsessive tracking geek for many years, I came to the conclusion that we buyers have been oversold on tracking.  In most cases, we only need to be concerned about receiving the item in the timeframe and in the condition stated in the listing.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Was your item shipped through the Global Shipping Program?

What country is it coming from?

What is the last estimated date eBay gave you for delivery?

Tracking is of no benefit to buyers. It is a Seller Protection against false claims that items have not been delivered.  Tracking does not speed delivery or guarantee gentler handling.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Tracking only shows where an item has been, not where it is.  Your item may have been transferred to another carrier but the scan information may not have reached eBay (or wherever you're checking the tracking).

I'm seconding @reallynicestamps' post.  After being an obsessive tracking geek for many years, I came to the conclusion that we buyers have been oversold on tracking.  In most cases, we only need to be concerned about receiving the item in the timeframe and in the condition stated in the listing.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I agree with poster "tracking shows where item has been" but also when your used to it indicates to some degree where it is. I do like tracking it can let you know if package is long over due and gone to the wrong address and perhaps should be traced...also important to me advises when the item is out for delivery☺
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I wasn’t implying tracking is useless for buyers, just that in most cases it’s not really necessary to check on it daily from start to finish.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I wonder how many online buyers, especially those who do not work at home , have heard of Canada Post's FREE pickup service.

Called Flex Delivery, your parcels are left at the nearest PO (best if that is a postal outlet with longer hours and weekend service) while you get only a delivery slip.

Then you can pick up at your leisure along with the 17 other messages you are running in the four hour gap between dropping off the kids at daycare and picking them up.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...

This combined with putting the last estimated date for delivery on your calendar, would solve a lot of worries about late parcels and porch pirates.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

That is probably a great choice for many buyers...and sellers can still look at tracking to have an idea on the progress of their sent item🙉🙊🙈
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Oh well some of us enjoy the little pleasure in life of idling on our devices 🙉🙊🙈
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

😂👍
Message 9 of 9
latest reply