No Shipping To Canada

Ebay has a policy which charges fees just not on the item sold, but on the shipping charges attached to that item.

Therefore, American Ebay sellers are blocking Canadians from purchasing their items unless pre-arranged and even then this does not mean anything, unless the Ebay Seller goes online and unblocks your bid for their item.

Case in point. Today I wanted to purchase an item from a gentleman in Flordia. I had gone to the trouble of contacting this person and asked him how much to ship his item to Canada. He came back with the price and I thanked him. I then entered the bidding game and I entered a bid of $250.00 but it was blocked. I tried contacting this person about our previous Email, but there was no response. So bidding ended today without my bid of $250.00 even reaching the seller. The item sold for $88.00 .

Ebay - what a frigging joke.  Given the high fees and this blocking ability, Canadian are being discriminated against.  So much for the North American Free Trade Agreement. We want to give Americans money $$$$$$ for their goods but we are blocked from doing so by economic fee barriers being erected against Canadian Customers.

After today, I will start looking for alternatives to the Ebay Marketplace.

Message 1 of 70
latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

No Shipping To Canada

"femmefan" was replying to "kelishev_0", an American poster who stated he wanted to buy from a Canadian online store which does not ship to USA.

Your reply only makes sense for the opposite scenario, US sellers who won't ship to Canada.

Message 61 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

@maggiebvintage2010 wrote:

"femmefan" was replying to "kelishev_0", an American poster who stated he wanted to buy from a Canadian online store which does not ship to USA.

Your reply only makes sense for the opposite scenario, US sellers who won't ship to Canada.

The last part of my reply addresses that. To add to that, retailers often have geographic restrictions on where they are authorized to sell as well as warranty issues that have to be considered.

Message 62 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

The gsp does include Canada however ebay recently blocked Canada  for gsp listings that were under a certain amount...$25 in the case of buy it now listings.  rose-dee 2014

Does this still obtain? Or did it disappear?

It would have been very sensible.

Message 63 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The gsp does include Canada however ebay recently blocked Canada  for gsp listings that were under a certain amount...$25 in the case of buy it now listings.  rose-dee 2014

Does this still obtain? Or did it disappear?

It would have been very sensible.

It is no longer the case and no, it wasn't sensible at all. They would totally hide the listing from outside of the U.S. so even if the seller was willing to ship directly or if the buyer was willing to pay for gsp, neither option was available.

Message 64 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

It has always been one sided trading. Canadians have to negotiate with American Ebay sellers who usually charge us 2 -3 times the actual shipping costs.
It looks good on them when the US bids come in low and they get screwed.
Message 65 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

You are responding to a post that is from 2013.  But as far as US sellers charging 2 or 3 times the actual shipping cost, I haven't seen that.  A package under 8 oz costs a minimum of US $9.50 to send to Canada with delivery confirmation and quite a bit more with Priority mail so the costs may be higher than you realize.

Message 66 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

@postal.stephen wrote:

Canadians have to negotiate with American Ebay sellers who usually charge us 2 -3 times the actual shipping costs.

What you're probably running into is sellers who are using the shipping calculator to work out a parcel post (Priority International) rate, not realizing they're charging for parcel post, and then finding out that they can send the item as an oversized letter (First Class International) instead.

If you're frequently "negotiating" with American sellers, its a good idea to familiarize yourself with international mailing options from the United States.

Message 67 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2013

Message 68 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

I waned to buy a book from amazon.ca  price $36.00.  Amazon.com $6.95

Message 69 of 70
latest reply

No Shipping To Canada

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 70 of 70
latest reply