Nothing after "cleared customs"

I ordered a monitor mount last month. It had shipped from New Jersey, and was to be delivered across the border here to BC. The latest estimated delivery date was set for February 28, but it hasn't arrived yet. March 1 was when the last shipping update was given to me. Cleared customs. There has been no updates since then. No "out for delivery" in my purchase history, no nothing. So is this something to worry about, or do I keep waiting it out?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Nothing after "cleared customs"

marnotom!
Community Member

That's a tough call.  If your item were still within the delivery window, I'd say without hesitation that it's likely on the move but the scan information isn't transmitting properly.  That may be the case here as well, but the fact that you're over a week past the last estimated delivery date is concerning.

I've found that this "universal" tracking site often provides very detailed scan information:

https://parcelsapp.com/

I'm hoping it will specify whether your item cleared customs in Mississauga, Ontario, or in Richmond, BC.  I'd be more worried if it were the latter.

Having said all that, there's really nothing to stop you from filing a non-delivery claim through the Money Back Guarantee process at this point.  I'm guessing that this item was forwarded through the new eBay International Shipping scheme, and the little I've heard about it suggests that it's way slow right now.  Claims like this may get on the radar of those in charge and make them more aware that there's a problem here.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply